WDCE COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
Westchester Community College’s COVID-19 plans were developed with recommendations from federal, state, and county health professionals to keep the community safe and prevent the spread of COVID-19. As the situation concerning the pandemic and the vaccine continue to be fluid, note that our plan will remain subject to change due to new information and updated guidance and/or direction from the State of New York and the Governor’s Office.
STUDENT VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
October 15, 2021
Any student entering college property to take an in-person class or for some other reason, must have one of the following on file with the College:
- Proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination.
- An approved medical exemption.*
- An approved religious exemption.*
*Students who are approved for an exemption to the COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement are required to complete weekly COVID-19 tests.
Please visit the COVID-19 Testing page for more information
- Students who are taking classes fully remotely/online are still subject to the provisions of this Vaccine Requirement and may not come to campus for any reason unless they have submitted proof to the college that they are fully vaccinated or have received an approved exemption while completing weekly COVID-19 tests.
- Students who have already provided the college with proof of their completed COVID-19 vaccination or have received notification that they were approved for an exemption to the requirement do NOT need to resubmit their information. The only time a student who is already compliant will need to submit additional/new documentation is if they are updating their status with respect to compliance with the requirement (i.e. providing proof that they completed their vaccine series).
Safety Precautions on College Property
When on campus, you will observe the College has implemented several safety precautions:
- Limiting the overall number of people at or in any given location;
- New room occupancy limits for social distancing;
- New hand sanitizers installed in various high-traffic locations;
- New paper towel dispensers to augment air hand dryers;
- Available restrooms are single-occupancy;
- Single use occupancy limit for all elevators;
- Handicap entrances are motion operated;
- Hallways allow traffic to move in one direction;
- Daily and targeted deep cleaning of college facilities;
- Upgraded maintenance levels of air ventilation filters throughout campus; and
- Social distancing, hand washing and mask wearing reminder signs posted throughout College facilities.
Westchester Community College professionals are working to continue to give you the quality educational experience you expect and deserve! Below you will find the links to resources that can help you get the most of your classes. If you have any questions or need additional information, please do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com.
List of Student Resources
Online Learning Resources
- Academic Counseling
- Disability Services
- Emergency Student Fund
- Financial Aid
- Mental Health Task Force
For a comprehensive list of student services, support services, support & programming, click here.
Do you have more questions? Visit our FAQs here.
If you need of physical or mental health resources, please review the resources listed below. If you have any questions or need additional information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
List of Health Resources
- NYS Department of Health Vaccine Eligibility and Sign-up
- NYS COVID Alert App
- COVID-19 Testing through Westchester County
- SUNY COVID-19 Dashboard
- Safe Colleges
- Health Training by RISE (paid)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) information (WHO)
- New York State Department of Health
- Westchester County Department of Health
- Managing mental health (CDC)
- Mental Health Task Force
- Strategies & Tips to deal with Anxiety and Depression
- Travel Guidelines (CDC)
- WCC Department of Mental Health and Counseling Services
There are several resources that can help you during this period of economic uncertainty. Links to these resources are provided below. Please do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com if you have any questions or need additional information.
List of Financial Resources
Stay informed at www.sunywcc.edu and stay healthy!
Pandemic Recovery Plan
Pandemic Preparedness Plan 2020
Pandemic Response Team
A Westchester Community College Preparedness Response Team is working closely with the relevant areas of the college to respond to this evolving situation including updating the College’s Pandemic Preparedness Plan, and Pandemic Recovery Plan. The team members are as follows.
- President - Dr. Belinda Miles
- Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs - Dr. Vanessa Morest
- VP and Dean, Continuing Education and Workforce Development and Interim VP of Student Access, Involvement and Success – Teresita Wisell
- Vice President of Administrative Services - Brian Murphy
- Chief of Staff and Vice President of Strategic Operations - Dr. Shawn Brown
- Vice President of Information Technology - Anthony Scordino
- Coordinator of Health Services - Janice Gilroy
- Director of Marketing and Communications - Mark Stollar
- Director of Human Resources - Aurora Workman
- Director of Physical Plant - Robert Cirillo
- Director of Campus Security - Scott Sullivan
- Executive Director of the Faculty/Student Association - Joe Poppa
- Manager of Creative Communications – Edward Tatton III
- Associate Dean and Director, EOC Yonkers – Gina Gaines
The team is working across all college divisions to update division specific contingency plans for managing operations during a potential disruption in normal activities. Key objectives of the plan are to (1) minimize the risks of exposure among faculty, staff, and students; (2) maintain and/or restore the student-learning environment; and (3) maintain a reduced level of key campus operations through remote or online interaction in the event social distancing measures and/or a campus closure are invoked. Employees with questions on these plans should contact their supervisor or division vice president.