WDCE Student Vaccination Information & Requirements
For Workforce Development & Community Education and English Language Institute
Westchester Community College’s COVID-19 plans were developed with recommendations from federal, state, and county health professionals to keep the community safe and prevent the spread of COVID-19. As the situation concerning the pandemic and the vaccine continue to be fluid, note that our plan will remain subject to change due to new information and updated guidance and/or direction from the State of New York and the Governor’s Office.
For English Language Institute (ESL programs):
For further information on the College’s safety protocols, click here.
Westchester Community College professionals are working to continue to give you the quality educational experience you expect and deserve! Below you will find the links to resources that can help you get the most of your classes. If you have any questions or need additional information, please do not hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
List of Student Resources
Online Learning Resources
- Academic Counseling
- Disability Services
- Emergency Student Fund
- Financial Aid
- Mental Health Task Force
For a comprehensive list of student services, support services, support & programming, click here.
Do you have more questions? Visit our FAQs here.
If you need of physical or mental health resources, please review the resources listed below. If you have any questions or need additional information, please email us at email@example.com
List of Health Resources
- NYS Department of Health Vaccine Eligibility and Sign-up
- NYS COVID Alert App
- COVID-19 Testing through Westchester County
- SUNY COVID-19 Dashboard
- Safe Colleges
- Health Training by RISE (paid)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) information (WHO)
- New York State Department of Health
- Westchester County Department of Health
- Managing mental health (CDC)
- Mental Health Task Force
- Strategies & Tips to deal with Anxiety and Depression
- Travel Guidelines (CDC)
- WCC Department of Mental Health and Counseling Services
There are several resources that can help you during this period of economic uncertainty. Links to these resources are provided below. Please do not hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or need additional information.
List of Financial Resources
Stay informed at www.sunywcc.edu and stay healthy!
Pandemic Recovery Plan
Pandemic Preparedness Plan 2020
Pandemic Response Team
A Westchester Community College Preparedness Response Team is working closely with the relevant areas of the college to respond to this evolving situation including updating the College’s Pandemic Preparedness Plan, and Pandemic Recovery Plan. The team members are as follows.
- President - Dr. Belinda Miles
- Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs - Dr. Vanessa Morest
- VP and Dean, Continuing Education and Workforce Development and Interim VP of Student Access, Involvement and Success – Teresita Wisell
- Vice President of Administrative Services - Brian Murphy
- Chief of Staff and Vice President of Strategic Operations - Dr. Shawn Brown
- Vice President of Information Technology - Anthony Scordino
- Coordinator of Health Services - Janice Gilroy
- Director of Marketing and Communications - Mark Stollar
- Director of Human Resources - Aurora Workman
- Director of Physical Plant - Robert Cirillo
- Director of Campus Security - Scott Sullivan
- Executive Director of the Faculty/Student Association - Joe Poppa
- Manager of Creative Communications – Edward Tatton III
- Associate Dean and Director, EOC Yonkers – Gina Gaines
The team is working across all college divisions to update division specific contingency plans for managing operations during a potential disruption in normal activities. Key objectives of the plan are to (1) minimize the risks of exposure among faculty, staff, and students; (2) maintain and/or restore the student-learning environment; and (3) maintain a reduced level of key campus operations through remote or online interaction in the event social distancing measures and/or a campus closure are invoked. Employees with questions on these plans should contact their supervisor or division vice president.