The mission of the Human Resources Department is to foster an environment of professionalism, accountability, trust and mutual respect amongst all employees of Westchester Community College. We strive to do this by providing information, support and guidance in every facet of the employment relationship in a conscientious, responsible and proficient manner; and by supporting college departments in their efforts to help realize the life and career goals of our surrounding community.
WCC welcomes the following employees who were announced at the Fall 2021 Convocation:
- Stergios Bibis, Biology Department
- Helen Caicedo, Office Assistant (School of Business and Professional Careers)
- Richard Gennaro, Interim Dean (School of Health Careers, Technology & Applied Learning)
- Blakeley Lowry, Nursing Department
- Daniel Pena, Biology Department
- Roy Castro, Budget Specialist ll
- Nicola Howard Brown, Financial Aid
- Maureen Lyons, Manager of Fiscal Operations
- James Nardi, Maintenance Mechanic l
- Garth Walcott, Bursar
- Dolores Swirin-Yao, Foundation Executive Director and VP of External Affairs
- Jeff Goldberg, Foundation Chief Financial Officer
- Dr. Thomas Lee, Foundation Board President
- Parica Mason, Director of Volunteer Services
Student Access, Involvement and Success
- Stephanie Tothill, Registration Clerk
- Rosemary Baez, Admissions
Workforce Development and Community Education
- Araceli Soriano, Assistant Director, Mount Vernon Extension Center
Westchester Educational Opportunity Center
- Stacey Larson, Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs
- Ana Veras, Assistant Dean of Student Life
CastleBranch reporting portal is MANDATORY FOR ALL EMPLOYEES to complete by no later than August 12, 2021. All employees that do not complete this by August 12, 2021, will be required to COVID-19 PCR test at the Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla starting August 16, 2021, and each week thereafter.
As we prepare for our return to our worksites, there is important information employees need to know about COVID-19 vaccine requirements.
- You must be fully vaccinated to be on campus, or else apply for one of the following exemptions:
- If you are not fully vaccinated, then you must be COVID-19 PCR tested on a weekly basis at Westchester Medical Center COVID-19 PCR testing site located on the Grasslands Reservation in Valhalla.
- If you are fully vaccinated, you are excused from the weekly test regimen.
- You must report your vaccination status, or selected exemption by going to the Westchester Community College’s CastleBranch portal at: https://portal.castlebranch.com/YW05 (CastleBranch instructions are attached to this email).
- Everyone, regardless of vaccination status, MUST wear a mask while indoors on campus property.
- Employees MUST wear their WCC ID badge while on College property.
- Visitors will not be required to show proof of vaccination. However, all visitors MUST follow WCC COVID-19 safety protocols, including the wearing of masks, when indoors and practicing social distancing. Visitors will be checked in and in doing so they must acknowledge the WCC COVID-19 safety protocols. On the Valhalla Campus, the visitor check-in process will take place in the lobby of the Gateway Building. There will be signage on the Valhalla Campus directing visitors to the Gateway Building and you should inform anyone you are inviting to the Valhalla Campus of the check-in requirement at the Gateway Building. And all visitor’s arriving by car to the Valhalla Campus is to park their car in Lot #1.
- Accessibility Considerations
- Blackboard Support Articles
- Blackboard Tutorials
- Instructional Continuity Plan
- Office 365 Transition
- Open SUNY Support
- Viking Success
- Mental Health Task Force
Content to come shortly.
Content to come shortly.
Request for Volunteers at the Native Plant Center
The Native Plant Center welcomes the help of volunteers—in its gardens, during plant sale, and in other ways throughout the year.
Currently we need help in the gardens weeding, mulching, watering, etc. on the following days:
- September 30
- October 4, 5, 7, and 12th
Times: 9 am to 11 am (or longer if you are willing)
If you would like to help but cannot make these times, please email us of your interest at email@example.com.
Culinary Cafe Schedule
Please refer to the weekly newsletter for login access.
Student chefs, servers, and bartenders, under the direction of experienced faculty, develop the unique themes and menus. The class plans, cooks, and serves each luncheon event. It is a wonderful dining and educational experience for the guests and students alike.
To Go Meals
- Monday 10/18/2021 – House made Hummus and Chips, Caribbean Salad with Chipotle Dressing, Jerk Chicken with Grilled Vegetables, and Chocolate Chip Cookies. $5, cash only. Pick up at 12pm.
- Tuesday 10/19/2021 – Everything Bagel Rolls with Sundried Tomato Cream Cheese, Butternut Squash Bisque, Shrimp and Feta Caesar Salad with Lemon Honey Dressing, and Marble Cupcakes. $5, cash only. Pick up at 12pm.
Dining Room Service
- Thursday 10/21/2021 – Rosemary Focaccia with Golden Garlic Butter, Tuscan White Bean Soup, Tricolor Salad with Gorgonzola Crouton, Veal Cutlet Saltimbocca with Saffron Risotto and Sautéed Broccoli, and Sicilian Cheesecake. $12 per person, cash only. Lunch Service begins at 11:30am.