Transfers from Other Colleges
If you are a student who has completed college level coursework at another college or university we welcome your application to Westchester Community College. For questions regarding Admission as a transfer student, please contact the Office of Admissions at email@example.com or 914-606-6735.
Apply for Admission
All students are encouraged to apply online. Click here to apply online or download the admissions paper application. Students applying online must pay the $50 non-refundable application fee with a credit card. Students using the paper application must submit the application with the $50 non-refundable application fee (check or money order) to the Office of Admissions located in the Administration Building Room 210.
Please note, email and letter notifications with next steps are sent to students approximately one week after applications are processed.
Submit your official college transcript(s)
When to Complete this Step? Submit at the same time as your Admissions application.
- Applicants who have attended a prior college or university must have an official transcript sent directly from the institution to SUNY WCC.
- Colleges/Universities that are members of Parchment (online ordering system) may have their official transcripts emailed directly from their former college to SUNY WCC or the institutions can send a secure email to eTrans@sunywcc.edu. Official transcripts can also be mailed directly from the institution to the Registrar’s Office, Westchester Community College, 75 Grasslands Rd., Valhalla, NY 10595. Please do not have the official transcripts sent electronically to you first, they will not be considered unofficial if you forward them to SUNY WCC.
College Transcript Details
- Students that have engaged in a course of study while serving in the military may be eligible to earn college credit at Westchester. Please see our college catalog under “Admissions with Advanced Standing” for more information.
- A student may be granted a maximum of 50 percent of the required credits for a degree or certificate at Westchester Community College through transfer, examination or evaluation. In general, courses in which a student has received a grade of ‘C’ or better will be accepted for credit if they fit into our course requirements.
- Transfer applicants will be notified of their acceptance in writing. In some cases, placement testing will be waived for transfer students based on past academic work.
- Westchester Community College will grant credit only for specific equivalent coursework in the student’s curriculum from institutions that are nationally accredited from one of the following accrediting agencies: Middle States Commission on Higher Education; Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities; Higher Learning Commission-North Central Ass. Commission of Colleges and Schools; New England Commission of Higher Education; Southern Ass. Of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges; Western Ass. Of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Community and JR Colleges; Western Ass. Of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Univ; WASC Senior College and University Commission.
- An institution must be fully accredited at the time the course was taken to be considered.
- Any course from any college/university must still pass the test of being equivalent to all Westchester Community college course to be considered for transfer.