Emergency Aid Program
The Westchester Community College Emergency Aid Grant
The Westchester Community College Emergency Aid Grant was established to assist students who have sudden, unforeseen financial emergencies. This Grant is a one-time award given to students who are experiencing a temporary financial crisis to enable them to remain enrolled at Westchester Community College.
- Enrolled at SUNY Westchester Community College pursuing associate degree
- Full-time or half-time (currently taking at least half the number of credits to be full-time)
- Minimum 2.0 GPA and otherwise in good standing with the college
- homelessness or threat of eviction
- medical or dental emergency
- natural disaster
- domestic violence
- loss of employment
Eligible Expense Examples:
- medical or dental expenses
- child care
- replacement of stolen item needed for school
NOT Eligible Expense Examples:
- college fees
- credit card debt
- cable bills
- legal representation
You can access the online application here. If you have questions or need assistance with completing the application, please go to Sophia Pineiro in the Office of Student Support Services, call 914-606-7854, or email email@example.com. Also, any faculty or staff member on campus can direct you to the right place for support.
- Situations and expenses listed are examples only; additional ones may qualify and those listed may not depending on the specific circumstances.
- Maximum grant size is $2,000.
- Must show evidence of expense (ex: bill); payment will be made to third party (ex: landlord).
- Funds will be available within 72 hours (excluding weekends and holidays) of a complete application being received (including evidence of expense).
- Each student is eligible for no more than one grant in an academic year.
- Grants are only available during fall and spring semesters.