Welcome to the Office of Student Financial Assistance
The Office of Student Financial Assistance Mission Statement
The Office of Student Financial Assistance plays a major role in providing access to post-secondary education for students by assisting them in receiving grants, work, loans and scholarships to finance their higher education. The Office of Student Financial Assistance serves as a student advocate while also advancing institutional policy and objectives within the framework of rules and regulations governing State, Federal and Private funding sources of aid to whom it must account for the expenditure of funds.
Excelsior Scholarship – Free Fall 2017 tuition for eligible students
05/01/2020 Priority deadline for fall 2020 semester
10/31/2019 Priority deadline for spring 2020 semester
FAFSA 2020-2021 application available on line
In order to be eligible for scholarship, students must file for either FAFSA, TAP, or the NYS Dream ACT to be automatically be automatically eligible for Westchester Community College Foundation scholarships.
- US Citizens and Permanent Residents: FAFSA: www.fafsa.ed.gov or TAP: www.tapweb.org
- Dreamers, DACA or Undocumented: NYS DREAM Act: www.hesc.ny.gov/dream/
- International Students: Click Here
Awards for the fall will be for the entire academic year and in the spring, they will be for one semester. Awards will be automatically renewed for a second year as long as student continues to meet academic criteria.
Students with questions about the new scholarship procedures should email ESC@sunywcc.edu or stop by the Student Services Desk located in the lobby of the Administration Building Lobby.
Ability to Benefit Financial Aid Exam Review Material
Financial Aid Workshop
Alert: To order tax transcript, the online Get Transcript service is currently unavailable. You may still order transcripts using the Get Transcript by Mail service at http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript
- FSA ID replaces Federal PIN for all Federal Student Aid websites. Click the link, Create An FSA ID, at https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm.
- How to Create An FSA ID Step by Step (PDF)
- All federal student and parent loans will be processed under the Federal Direct effective with the Fall 09 semester. For more information, please click on one of the following links: Loan Programs
- Tutorial Guide to complete FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- How to check Financial aid Status on the Web
- How to View Your Financial Aid
Accepting Your Financial Aid Award $
Students are required to accept their Financial Aid award on the MyWCC portal, Student Center page.
- Log-on to MyWCC.SUNYWCC.edu
- Click the word “Student Center”
- Under the “Finances” tab select (Accept/Decline Award) Located under “View Financial Aid”
- Accept the award and SUBMIT
Administration Building, Room 120
Financial Aid Office Hours
Monday – 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Tuesday – 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Wednesday – 9 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Thursday – 9 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Friday – 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Financial literacy courses are available through SUNY Smart Track Financial Literacy where you can learn about a wide variety of financial matters such as budgeting, smart borrowing, and identify theft. First time users will need to create an account.