Peekskill Extension Center
Peekskill to Poughkeepsie
Art Centers are the heart and soul of regional art communities. They are lively ecosystems and an epicenter of community and embody the importance of art being rooted in every aspect of a civilized society. As a local gathering place for artists and art lovers, they support artists in building a sustainable studio practice, offer space to work, tools and resources for creation, the opportunity to network with other artists and to exhibit.
This exhibition, a partnership between the Putnam Arts Council and the Center for the Digital Arts Gallery, Peekskill Extension, Westchester Community College, will connect and showcase the grassroots talent of artists across the Hudson Valley, from Peekskill to Poughkeepsie, in the partner galleries. The opening will be at the Putnam Arts Council while the closing will be at the Center for the Digital Arts Gallery, Peekskill Extension, Westchester Community College.
Under the theme of Grass+Roots, the exhibition will survey and celebrate the beauty, strength, and resilience of the art and artists of the Hudson Valley.
The show will be juried for exhibition and awards by Patricia Miranda.
Opening Reception: Putnam Arts Council
521 Kennicut Hill Road, Mahopac, NY 10541
Saturday, October 2nd, 2:00 – 5:00 pm
Closing Reception: Center for the Digital Arts
27 North Division Street, Peekskill, New York 10566
Sunday, November 7th, 12:00 – 4:00 pm
Putnam Arts Council, www.putnamartscouncil.com
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday*, 2:00 – 5:00 pm
*Closed November 7th for Closing Reception
Center for the Digital Arts, www.sunywcc.edu/peekskill
Monday – Thursday, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Friday, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Westchester Community College Is Right Next Door!
With a Convenient Extension Center in Peekskill – AND Online
WCC offers not only the most affordable education in the county, but we are the most convenient. Whether our courses are offered in our local center or online, WCC is here for you. By registering for classes through our Peekskill Extension Center, you will join our community of learners side by side with your neighbors. So, even in our remote classes, you can create study groups with people you already know, or see around town.
WCC Extension Centers Offer the Same Quality Education and Services as the Main Campus
When you register for courses at Peekskill, you will enjoy:
- Access to the same award-winning faculty and for-credit courses and programs that are featured at our Valhalla campus
- Outstanding non-credit professional and personal opportunities, as well as English as a Second Language Programs
- Access to academic support, financial aid counseling, academic counseling, and career & transfer advisement
- Student leadership opportunities and meaningful experiences through co-curriculum programs, workshops and student clubs
- Administrative support to assist with class registration, tuition payments and more.
PLUS these benefits unique to our Extension Centers:
- Convenient locations so you never have to travel far
- Small, friendly, state of the art facilities
- Convenient course scheduling, with courses available in evenings and weekends
- Added flexibility with courses starting one week after the main campus classes
- Small class sizes with personalized instruction
- A welcome feel inviting you to study with your neighbors in our close-knit community
PLUS these benefits unique to our Peekskill center:
- Industrial grade post-production facilities
- Regular software upgrades
- Maker space with 3D printing
- Fine Arts Studio
- Smart classrooms for all courses
- Onsite technical support team
- Onsite Academic Support, Financial Aid, Tutoring, and Personal Counseling
- Professional gallery and lecture program
- Student life events including virtual reality, dip n’ dots, Viking Strong days and more
Fall 2021 Schedule
Register for Classes
Visit the following link for immediate assistance from an Academic Counselor:
Hours of Operation
Monday – Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, Building Closed, Remote Services Only: 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
To receive updates on the Center’s course offerings, and special events please complete the information below:
✉ Click to join our mailing list