Ask a Tutor
The Academic Support Center will continue to provide email-based tutorial assistance to students who are enrolled in the courses the are supported by the center. Our tutors are eager to meet and help you find success in your academic endeavors – so do not be afraid to contact us!
You can access the virtual ASC services by:
- Emailing your questions from your college email account directly.
- Requesting a ZOOM virtual tutoring session through AskATutor.
What can you expect from us?
- You can expect your questions to be addressed within 24-48 hours depending on the amount of detail involved. The response time will be longer during weekends and holidays. However, our services will not be available during semester breaks.
- If attachments are to be sent, they must be sent from your college email address—we are unable to accept attachments from our website at this time. You can find the send-to address below.
- For ESL/Reading/Writing: You can expect constructive feedback on your writing. We will not edit your papers. Since we offer assistance in writing in all disciplines, it would be helpful for you to provide us with information regarding the type of paper (research, class assignment, etc.), the due date, the textbook information if relevant and the name of the professor.
- Please know that we will not assist you with take-home exams.
ASC General Information
Obtain general information about the services offered at the ASC.
ASKATUTOR Hours of Operation
WCC Math, Reading & Study Skills, Writing, ESL, Science, & Physics students can access the Academic Support Center tutorial services REMOTELY via our ASKATUTOR service Monday thru Friday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM. For Computer Science, Psychology and Economics students, please contact the respective coordinators for hours of operation for when our tutors are available.
ASKATUTOR – Computer Science
For tutoring assistance specifically in Computer Science: Intro Computing Concepts, Computer Programming I/II, Linux Operating System, Java Programming, GUI Development, and Computer Architecture.
ASKATUTOR – Economics
For tutoring assistance specifically in Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, & Personal Finance.
Email: Askatutor- email@example.com
ASKATUTOR – ESL
For tutoring assistance specifically in ESL: Introduction to Academic Writing I & II, and Upper Level ESL Institute courses.
Email: Askatutor- firstname.lastname@example.org
ASKATUTOR – Math
For tutoring assistance in all Math courses: Pre-Algebra, Beginning Algebra, Foundations of Mathematical Reasoning, College Algebra: Functions and Models, College Algebra w/Trig, and College Quantitative Reasoning, Development of Math Thought, Nature of Mathematics, Math for Elementary School Teachers, Elements of Geometry, Statistics, Pre-Calculus, Calculus for Business, Calculus I, II, & III, Linear Algebra, Differential Equations.
ASKATUTOR – Physics
For tutoring assistance in Physics: College Physics I & II, Engineering Physics I & II, Technical Physics I & II, and Physical Science Explorations.
ASKATUTOR – Psychology
For tutoring assistance in General, Abnormal, & Social Psychology.
ASKATUTOR – Reading and Study Skills
For tutoring assistance in Reading and Study Skills: Foundations of College Reading, Analytical Reading, and Study Skills.
ASKATUTOR – Science
For tutoring assistance in Science: General Biology I/II, Biological Science I/II, Principles of Inorganic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry I/II, Anatomy and Physiology I/II, Microbiology, Non-major Physical Sciences, and Respiratory Care and Foods/Nutrition.
ASKATUTOR – Writing
For tutoring assistance in Writing in all disciplines.
Virtual Tutoring Through Zoom
One on one video sessions as well as group sessions are also available through ZOOM. You can request a ZOOM virtual tutoring session through AskATutor. Request a Zoom Tutoring Session should be done with at least 12 hours’ notice. However, we are trying to book appointments as they are requested by each student.
Obtain online assistance on various courses offered by WCC and supported by ASC around the ASC hours of operation.
Courses Supported by NetTutor: https://www.sunywcc.edu/academics/asc/nettutor-courses/
Monday – Thursday:
12:00 a.m. – 6:00 a.m.
5:00 p.m. – 11:59 p.m.
Friday – Sunday:
12:00 a.m. – 11:59 p.m.