Ask a Tutor
This Academic Support Center will continue to provide email-based tutorial assistance to students taking the following courses listed below. Keep in mind that our site is a work in progress and we look forward to your suggestions/feedback. Kindly assist us by replying to the survey that will be sent to you after the completion of your inquiry.
What can you expect from us?
- You can expect your questions to be addressed within 24-48 hours depending on the amount of detail involved. The response time will be longer during weekends and holidays. However, our services will not be available during semester breaks.
- If attachments are to be sent, they must be sent from your email address—we are unable to accept attachments from our website at this time. You can find the send-to address on the next page.
- For ESL/Reading/Writing: You can expect constructive feedback on your writing. We will not edit your papers. Since we offer assistance in writing in all disciplines, it would be helpful for you to provide us with information regarding the type of paper (research, class assignment, etc.), the due date, the textbook information if relevant and the name of the professor.
- For Math/Science: Please know that we will not assist you with take-home exams.
- Don’t be surprised to be invited to come to the Academic Support Center and meet with us in person.
- You can expect tutoring in the following subjects:
- Beginning Algebra
- College Algebra: Functions & Models
- College Algebra w/ Trigonometry
- All Inorganic Chemistry
- All Organic Chemistry
- Anatomy & Physiology 1 & 2
- Biology 1 & 2
- Biological Science 1 & 2
- Introduction to Academic Writing 1 & 2
- Level 6 and above
- Writing for College 1 & 2
- Writing and Research
- Writing and Literature
- Writing for all disciplines
- Analytical Reading
- Foundations of College Reading