Reinstatement After Disciplinary Suspension
Per the Student Code of Conduct, students must request reinstatement after being suspended for disciplinary reasons. The following form will be used to collect the necessary information for review. A student suspended for disciplinary reasons is not guaranteed reinstatement. However, if the student completely submits all the required information, the student is guaranteed a review regarding eligibility for reinstatement.
The student must apply in writing for reinstatement. The student must provide evidence that all conditions for reinstatement are complete at the time their request is submitted. Meaning that a student must provide evidence that they successfully completed all other sanctions that were assigned to them at the time of their suspension. Students should attach all evidence demonstrating their required conditions have been met at the bottom of this form.
The student is also required to attach a Personal Statement at the bottom of this form that answers the following questions:
- Why do you feel you are ready to return to SUNY WCC?
- What are your goals for attending Westchester Community College?
- What have you learned during your time separated from SUNY WCC?
- What have you been doing with your time while separated from SUNY WCC?
- How will ensure that you meet your responsibilities as a SUNY WCC and no longer engage in behaviors that violate these responsibilities per the Student Code of Conduct?
The Dean of Student Life shall review all the documentation submitted. The Dean shall determine if the student has provided all the required information for their reinstatement (i.e. submitted a completed Personal Statement and submitted evidence to satisfy all required conditions for reinstatement have been met). If all the documentation has been received, the Dean will determine if the student is ready for reinstatement:
- If reinstatement is granted, the student may reenroll for courses beginning the next academic term. The Dean may also impose conditions on the student that must be adhered to if they are granted reinstatement to the college following the period of suspension.
- If reinstatement is denied, the student will remain suspended for another definite period, determined by the Dean, at which time they may reapply for readmission again at the close of that next period of time.
The decision of the Dean of Student Life is final. Students with questions about this process should contact the Office of Student Life at email@example.com.