How to Apply for a Federal Direct Stafford Loan
Last updated on June 22nd, 2021 at 03:02 pm
- Complete the FAFSA online at www.fafsa.gov if you have not done so already.
- If you have had a prior loan at WCC and have completed a Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling within the past year, skip to step 5.
- Complete the Direct Loan Entrance Counseling session online by visiting https://studentaid.gov/
- Click on Manage My Direct Loan
- Sign in with your FAFSA PIN
- Scroll down and click on Complete Entrance Counseling
- Please complete and print the Entrance Counseling and submit confirmation page to the Financial Aid Office
- Complete the Direct Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN) by visiting https://studentaid.gov/
- Scroll down and click on Complete MPN
- Select Subsidized/Unsubsidized, then complete the Promissory Note
- Make sure you submit it and get a confirmation code
- Please complete MPN, print and submit to the Financial aid Office
- Complete a Request for Federal Direct Loan Form
- Online: Download the form, complete and submit to the Financial Aid Office
- Office pick up: Complete the form and submit to the Financial Aid office
- Once all steps are completed, please submit all documents to the Financial Aid Office. All documents include: (1) Master Promissory Note, (2) Loan Entrance Counseling, and (3) Request for Federal Direct Loan Form.
Loan application will only be processed if ALL of the above requirements have been met.