How Do I Apply for Federal aid?
SUNY WCC’s FAFSA School Code: 002881
- Apply for your Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID) at https://studentaid.gov/ , click the link “Create An FSA ID”. Parents of dependent students will also be required to apply for a FSA ID. Not sure if you are dependent? https://studentaid.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out/dependency
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. All students must complete the FAFSA to be considered for the Pell Grant, Direct Student Loans, Work Study and SEOG.
- The FAFSA must be signed electronically with this FSA ID. More information about FSA ID>
IMPORTANT CHANGES for FAFSA
- All applicants and parents who indicate they have filed a federal tax return will be directed to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.
- Applicants and parents who indicate they will file a federal tax return will receive email communication(s) from the federal processor directing them to use the IRS Tool to update their income information once they have filed their federal income tax return.
- Applicants selected for the verification process will be required to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (or) they may choose to request a tax transcript from the IRS which can later be submitted to the Financial Aid Office.
- Follow up by checking your status on line. 30% of the students will be selected for FAFSA verification.
- Provide additional documents. There may be additional forms to be filled out once we receive your FAFSA data. Clarification may be needed if there are discrepancies. If additional information is needed to process your award be sure to respond to this request immediately to avoid processing delays.