Academic Support Center Scholarships
2023-2024 Academic Year
Please read the following Academic Support Center Scholarship opportunities and choose one within the application below.
Hirsch Family Endowed Scholarships
honor the legacy of Professor Lany Hirsch, who played a pivotal role in the establishment of WCC’s Academic Support Center. Awards recognize part- and full-time students who have overcome challenges and improved their academic standing by making use of the resources available through the Academic Support Center.
Description of award:
The Hirsch Family Scholarship is awarded annually to continuing students at Westchester Community College who have overcome obstacles in their journey and have used the Academic Support Center to move toward their academic goals.
Students’ participation in the program is made possible by the scholarships, but the initiative offers much more than a traditional scholarship program. The Hirsch Family Scholarship hopes to ease that academic journey by providing substantial awards ranging from $1,000 to $2,000 to cover tuition, books, fees, and other expenses.
Scholarship recipients will have some delineated obligations, including earning at least a 2.5 GPA and attending some Foundation events to thank the donors. They will also be required to maintain a relationship with the committee that promotes their scholarship. We believe that these relationships are the foundation for development both socially, emotionally, and academically.
- Must have used the Academic Support Center in the Fall 2022-Spring 2023 school year.
- Must continue at Westchester Community College in the Fall 2023 semester
- Complete application below
- Have appropriate financial aid forms on file (see below)
- Must have a GPA of at least 2.5
- Make a serious commitment to participate in required donor/student events.
- You will be asked to detail in writing the change this scholarship makes in your life and write that in a letter to the donor and to the committee.
Student Obligations of award
- You must submit a letter of thanks to the donor. Your award will not be disbursed into your account until this is received.
- You must have an overall GPA of 2.5 at the end of the Spring 2023 semester