Message from Dr. Belinda S. Miles: Two Invitations to Participate – November 30, 2018
November 30, 2018
Two Invitations to Participate!
I invite all members of the college community to join in the celebration of our December graduates during our Fourth Annual Completion Ceremony scheduled during common hour on December 13, 2018 at 4 p.m. The ceremony will take place in the gymnasium. Graduates will be seated by school and invited on stage to receive their diploma cover. Several hundred are expected to participate.
The Completion Ceremony recognizes the achievement of students who complete their degree requirements this term. Heartiest thanks to the faculty involved in certifying these graduates. If you plan to attend the Completion Ceremony, kindly email FacilitiesAndEvents@sunywcc.edu so we can be sure to plan best for your presence and participation.
A Town Hall meeting featuring our facilities master planning consultants, JMZ, served as one among several opportunities to learn about and provide input to the campus master planning process. This process is part of the college’s overall strategic planning, which highlights our academic purpose and potential integrating enrollment, technology, workforce, and other internal and external planning dynamics. The master plan process allows us to imagine how our spaces …
- maximize dynamic teaching and learning for current and emerging fields of endeavor,
- align with our future role in the changing landscape of learning,
- support student belonging and learning in connection with each of the four schools,
- facilitate stronger faculty, staff, and student collaborations within and across departments,
- integrate student services for more seamless enrollment processes,
- provide flexibility for engaging community and industry partnerships of value, and
The core team will create opportunities to collect input on these matters so that we can incorporate this information into our strategic plan. I look forward to your ideas!
Dr. Belinda S. Miles