Facility Use and Rental
SUNY Westchester Community College has well-maintained buildings and grounds in Mount Vernon, Ossining, Peekskill, White Plains, and Yonkers and a bucolic 218-acre main campus centrally located in Valhalla, New York, for the primary purposes of delivering educational instruction and conducting college business.
The campus facilities are available for use by external entities on a fair, equitable, and space-available basis while providing safety and security for people and equipment and maintaining the facilities in excellent condition. All requests are granted at the discretion of the President of the College. This policy applies to one-time use of campus facilities and not long-term arrangements, leases, or partnerships involving College facilities.
SUNY WCC seeks partnerships that provide experiences and services that are aligned with our community-based educational mission. Beginning 1/1/2023, new arrangements for facility use and rental will be considered only for organizations that host events that are open to the public and encourage attendance by SUNY Westchester Community College students and employees. To provide the best experience and ensure optimal availability of facilities and staff, the deadline to receive rental requirements (forms, deposit, and insurance) will change from 30 days to 60 days in advance of the facility use and rental event. For more information, please see the policy and procedure document below.
Rental Procedure, Insurance, and Fee Requirements
Process to Request Facility Rental
- Please submit a Facility Use and Rental Request form.
- Upon receipt of the Facility Use and Rental Request form, the facility rental coordinator will advise on the availability of space and provide a fee estimate.
- If the terms and conditions of the facility use are acceptable, the facility rental coordinator will obtain approval from the President of the College.
- If approved by the President and at least 60 days prior to the event, submit the Facility Use and Rental Conditions and Indemnification Form, Certificates of Insurance or proof of self-insurance (the name of the insured must match the name on the Rental Request form), nonrefundable 50% deposit, and any other required documentation.
- Upon verification of the required documents and deposit, the facility rental coordinator will confirm the facility use/rental in correspondence containing the contact information for campus services (custodial, security, and media). Note: facilities are not reserved and held for client use until verification of the required documents and deposit.
- Payment of the remainder of rental fees is due seven (7) calendar days before the facility use commences.
Commercial filming or photographing is by permit from Westchester County Tourism & Film. Please call the SUNY WCC Office of Strategic Operations at 914-606-6736 to scout locations and determine space availability. We work closely with Westchester County for rapid responses to production requests.
For more information, contact the Office of Strategic Operations at 914-606-6736 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.