Professional Development Bulletin
Click here to read the Friday, September 9, 2022 digital bulletin – Vol. I. Issue 1 A.G.I.L.E. News
Click here to read the Tuesday, January 11, 2023 digital bulletin – Vol. I. Issue 2 A.G.I.L.E. News
Fall 2022 Welcome Academy
Frequently Asked Questions – Personnel Action Form (PAF) Training Sessions
Form User - Questions and Answers
- If there is an error on a PAF or a PAF is denied, how do we resubmit PAF?
a. If there is an error, you may cancel the PAF before it is fully approved, make the correction, save it, and then resubmit. Please note that, if you made a significant change to the PAF after HR has started their review process, you are advised to reach out to us via email at email@example.com.
b. If the PAF is denied due to incorrect information, you should make the appropriate correction on that PAF, save the change, and then submit. The approval process for the corrected PAF will start over upon your resubmission.
- Does an email notification go to supervisor for approval?
Yes, an email notification is automatically generated to the first approver once a PAF is submitted. This starts the approval chain of the PAF.
- If the approver is away, who can approve a PAF?
Approvers have been provided instructions on how to request temporary backup approver if they plan to be away for at least 5 consecutive business days. The backup approver will have access to approve the applicable PAF in their absence.
- Will a Form User receive a separate email at each step of the approval process?
No, the Form User will only receive an email when the PAF is either denied by one of the approvers or approved by all the approvers.
- Can a PAF be duplicated/ copied or updated so it can be used at a later time?
No, each PAF is independent and may not be copied. Changes/corrections may be done as described in answer 1. However, once the PAF is fully approved, you will be unable to make changes to the form.
- Is the “rehire” option within the “PAF_New Hire_Rehire_Promotion” form to be used for Budget Rehire?
No. Budget Rehire PAF’s are completely different and must be submitted in the grid format by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can I print the PAF?
Yes, you may print the PAF for your department’s records. However, we do not advise doing so unless it is really necessary. This new process is designed to reduce the need of paper PAF and you will continue to have access to the PAF’s that you submit over time.
- When should I start submit PAF’s through PeopleSoft?
You should start using the new process as soon as your department/division receives a notification confirming that your access has been granted.
- Will HR notify the department of the date that the employee can start?
No, you will not receive an email directly from HR. The system will generate an email notification to inform you that the PAF has been approved. This automatically means that all transactions related to this PAF has been fully completed on our end.
Form Approver - Questions and Answers
- If I deny or approve a PAF by accident, can I reverse it?
No. You will need to reach out to the Form User to either resubmit or cancel the form, as applicable.
- Where can I access the PAF’s that I have denied or approved over time?
Once you open the approval tile in PS HR, click on the second icon located on the upper right corner (the three dots – Actions List), then select “Approvals History”.
- When can we expect to have all the forms available in PS?
We are unable to confirm at this time. The remaining transactions will gradually be made available in PS and the departments will remain informed.
- How can I request a temporary back up approver?
Please refer to the guidelines emailed to all Form Approvers by HR on July 16th, 2021 and follow the instructions provided.