Senior Audit at Westchester Community College
Senior Audit registration for Spring 2023 applications will be accepted through our online application form here. This form will open on January 11 and close on January 20. For questions, please email us at Ashlee.Pierce@sunywcc.edu or call us at 914-606-6830, option #1.
Who is eligible for Senior Audit?
As a senior citizen (60 years of age or older) you may audit credit courses on a space-available basis at Westchester Community College. Senior auditors are required to provide a valid driver’s license as proof of age.
What does “audit” mean?
Auditing a course means you will not receive college credit for completing the course. As a senior auditor, you typically do not complete class assignments, take tests, or participate actively in class discussion (unless the instructor proposes an alternate arrangement). Classes not available to senior auditors include those with a lab, hands-on classes, foreign language classes, and others. There must be sufficient room in the class in order to participate as a senior auditor and the professor has the final approval.
What is the cost to audit?
The cost to audit is a non-refundable $51.75. Senior auditors may take two courses per semester for this fee. Fees are payable by Visa, Discover, Mastercard or Check/Money Order each semester. (Sorry no cash accepted.)
How do I look up available credit classes?
- In the top right corner of sunywcc.edu, click “Main Menu”
- Click “Academics” towards the top of the page.
- Under the “Academics” menu, click “Class Search – Credit Classes”.
- You will see “Terms on or after …” appear. Please click the term you are looking to enroll in. If this box appears empty, please click the arrow next to “Terms on or after …” to get the drop-down menu to choose the term you want.
- Once you choose the term you are looking for, a “Search For Classes” box will appear. Underneath this, you will see a link that reads “Additional ways to search”. This link will open up a search box. Please click the empty box under “Available Subjects,” and a menu will drop-down with all the available subjects offered.
- Once you have found a subject of interest, please click the blue “Search” button in the bottom left corner.
- A list of available courses will appear, telling you how many sections of each class are currently open. When you click a course name, it will open up the available sections where you can view the instruction mode, campus location, available seats and meeting days and times.
- To narrow down your search, you can use the toolbar that appears on the left hand side to narrow down by instruction mode, campus location and academic session.
- To return to the class search and look up another subject, click the “< Class Search” button in the top left corner of the screen.
How do I activate my student account and email?
Please visit this webpage for directions on how to activate your student profile and email.
Note: If the section is full, it will not appear in the list. Please contact the Mainstream Office with any questions regarding Senior Audit:
Email Ashlee.Pierce@sunywcc.edu or contact the Mainstream office at 914-606-6830, option #1.