Senior Audit at Westchester Community College
Last updated on June 27th, 2022 at 01:10 pm
Senior Audit registration for Fall 2022 applications will be accepted through our online application form here. This form will open on August 25 and close on September 2. For questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 914-606-6793. Go to www.sunywcc.edu/senioraudit for more information and instructions on how to search for open classes.
Who is eligible for Senior Audit?
As a senior citizen (60 years of age or older) you may audit credit courses on a space-available basis at Westchester Community College. Senior auditors are required to provide a valid driver’s license as proof of age.
What does “audit” mean?
Auditing a course means you will not receive college credit for completing the course. As a senior auditor, you typically do not complete class assignments, take tests, or participate actively in class discussion (unless the instructor proposes an alternate arrangement). Classes not available to senior auditors include those with a lab, hands-on classes, foreign language classes, and others. There must be sufficient room in the class in order to participate as a senior auditor and the professor has the final approval.
What is the cost to audit?
The cost to audit is a non-refundable $51.75. Senior auditors may take two courses per semester for this fee. Fees are payable by Visa, Discover, Mastercard or Check/Money Order each semester. (Sorry no cash accepted.)
How do I look up available credit classes?
- Click “Academics” at the top of the page.
- Under the “Academics” menu, click “Course Schedules” then scroll down and click “Credit Course Schedule”. You will get the “Search for Classes”
- If you don’t see the term you are looking for in “Term”, click the arrow next to “Term” to get the pull-down menu to choose term you want.
- Under “Class Search” click the green “select subject” button next to “Course Subject”. Use the alphabet at the top to jump to a subject that begins with that letter. (e.g. click on “P” to see Psychology classes).
- To see the courses listed under a particular subject click the green “select” button next to that subject.
- If you are looking for classes at a particular location (for example Main Campus or Mount Vernon), click green arrow next to “Additional Search Criteria” at bottom, then select that location under “Campus” or “Location”. Otherwise you will see all locations.
- Click the green “SEARCH” button at the bottom of the page.
- The list of courses will appear. You will only see the first 3 sections of a class listed. To view all sections, click “View All Sections” in blue panel at top.
How do I activate my student account and email?
Please visit this webpage for directions on how to activate your student profile and email.
Note: If the section is full, it will not appear in the list. Please contact the Mainstream Office with any questions regarding Senior Audit:
Email email@example.com or contact the Mainstream office at 914-606-6793.