Senior Audit at Westchester Community College
Senior Audit registration for Fall 2023 applications will be accepted through our online application form here. This form will open on August 31 and close on September 8.
Courses will begin on September 5. While your application is important to us, we must ensure that degree-seeking students are able to register into the courses required for graduation. Once the application closes, we will immediately begin to review and process applications. We thank you for your patience and understanding!
For questions, please email Ashlee Pierce, Program Specialist for Community Education at Ashlee.Pierce@sunywcc.edu or call us at 914-606-6830, option #1.
Who is eligible for Senior Audit?
As a senior citizen (60 years of age or older) you may audit credit courses on a space-available basis at Westchester Community College. Senior auditors are required to provide a valid driver’s license as proof of age.
What does “audit” mean?
Auditing a course means you will not receive college credit for completing the course. As a senior auditor, you typically do not complete class assignments, take tests, or participate actively in class discussion (unless the instructor proposes an alternate arrangement). Classes not available to senior auditors include those with a lab, hands-on classes, foreign language classes, and others. There must be sufficient room in the class in order to participate as a senior auditor and the professor has the final approval.
What is the cost to audit?
The cost to audit is a non-refundable $51.75. Senior auditors may take two courses per semester for this fee. Fees are payable by Visa, Discover, Mastercard or Check/Money Order each semester. (Sorry no cash accepted.)
How do I look up available credit classes?
- In the top right corner of sunywcc.edu, click “Main Menu”
- Click the yellow “MyWCC” towards the top of the page.
- When the new page loads, please make sure the black toolbar reads “Welcome to MyWCC”. If it reads “Continuing Education” please click on it and switch to “Welcome to MyWCC”
- Click the tile that reads “Class Search – Credit Classes”, and a new page will load.
- Change the term (right side of toolbar) to the term you are searching for.
- In the toolbar, you can type any class you might be looking for. If you would just like to browse all course offerings, leave toolbar blank. Click “Search”.
- A list of classes will populate for your search. You can see more classes at the bottom of the page by clicking “Load More.”
- Once course is found, click on the name of the course and the following will appear:
- Class #, Instructor, Mode of course (In Person or Online), day(s) of the week, time, dates running, and # of seats available. Note: If a course does not appear, it is unavailable.
- To audit a course, there must be at least 6 available seats.
- To return to the class search and look up another subject, click the “Class search” button at the top of your browser screen.
How do I activate my student account and email?
Please visit this webpage for directions on how to activate your student profile and email.
How do I access my Brightspace page?
If you have never accessed your Brightspace account before, you will fist need to activate your WCC email account (see above question and response). Once you are approved for your class(es), we will contact our IT department to request that you be granted access to your course’s Brightspace page. You do not need access to this in order to attend your next class. If you experience any issues after being granted Brightspace access, please contact the student help desk at MyWCCHelpdesk@sunywcc.edu for assistance.
How and when do I obtain a student ID and parking pass?
You can pick up your student ID and parking pass from the Security Office on the first floor of the Student Center 48 hours after you receive confirmation that you are approved for your class(es).
Note: If the section is full, it will not appear in the list. Please contact the Mainstream Office with any questions regarding Senior Audit:
Email Ashlee.Pierce@sunywcc.edu or contact the Mainstream office at 914-606-6830, option #1.