Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. When can I expect my courses in Blackboard to appear before the semester begins?
- Courses are made available in Blackboard to students 7 days prior to the start of the class session within a given semester. Please note, the start date of the semester session before you expect to see your course in Blackboard.
For example, in the Fall 2021 semester, classes that start on September 1 will be made available to students on August 25 OR classes that begin on September 8 will be made available to students on September 1.
Q. I just registered for a course today and it has not shown up. When can i expect the course to be available to me in blackboard?
- Our Blackboard system updates daily four times a day (10 am, 1pm, 4pm, and 8 pm).
For example, if you registered for a course at 11 am, then your course will show up in our Blackboard system after 1 pm.
Q. How do I find my Blackboard username and password?
- Your Blackboard username and password is the same as your MyWCC username and password. If you have not set up your username and password yet, you can do so by going to https://mywcc.sunywcc.edu/ and following the instructions listed under MyWCC Account Activation.
Q. How do I access my online course?
- Online courses at Westchester Community College are delivered through the Blackboard Learning Management System. You can access your courses on Blackboard via this link: https://sunywcc.sln.suny.edu/
Q. Which web browsers are compatible with Blackboard?
- Blackboard performs best in browsers that have been tested and found to be compatible with its interactive, dynamic and secure features. SUNY ONLINE Help Desk recommends using the following browsers for ease of use:
- Mozilla Firefox – browser can be downloaded at: http://www.mozilla.com.
- Google Chrome – browser can be downloaded at: https://www.google.com/chrome/browser
Quick note about Blackboard Mobile – Some course content as presented in Blackboard is not fully supported on mobile devices. While mobile devices provide convenient access to check in and read information about your courses, they should not be used to perform work such as taking tests, quizzes, completing assignments, or submitting substantive discussion posts.
Q. Is there training available for students on how to use Blackboard?
- Student Orientation: How to Use Blackboard
- Online Student Policies and Procedures Manual
- Need help with your username and password to log into MyWCC, email MyWCCHelpdesk@sunywcc.edu
- Need technical help Blackboard, email SUNYOnlineHelp@suny.edu or call them the SUNY Blackboard Helpdesk @ 1-844-673-6786 (844-OPENSUNY) or visit their website https://online.suny.edu/help/. Let them know that you are a Westchester Community College student.
Q. How do I contact my online instructor?
- Your instructor’s preferred method of contact should be listed on the syllabus. If you are not 100% certain, email your professor. Some instructors prefer emails while others prefer using course messaging tool within Blackboard.
Q. How do online courses work?
- Students who take an online class at WCC are automatically enrolled in an online learning management system (LMS) called Blackboard. You will log on to each class and complete assignments and exams as you would in a traditional college course. You may interact frequently with faculty and fellow students through discussion forums, group projects, etc. Coursework can be accessed online anytime, day or night, but assignments must be completed by the due dates specified by your professor.
Q. How can I access tutoring?
- As a Westchester Community College student, you have access to online tutoring services and an online library. Ask-A-Tutor our online email based tutoring service will still be available to students. For more information about Ask-A-Tutor, visit us at https://www.sunywcc.edu/academics/asc/
You may access all the digital free online resources from the Library at: https://www.sunywcc.edu/student-services/library/