Kathryn W. Davis Global Community Scholarship
The Kathryn W. Davis Global Community Scholarship Fund brings together outstanding students from diverse backgrounds for education, international understanding, exchange and service. Students’ participation in the program is made possible by the scholarships, but the initiative offers much more than a traditional scholarship program. The Kathryn W. Davis Global Community Scholarship Fund promotes interchange of ideas, enlightens participants about global and local issues and engages the students in cooperative and productive experiences. Scholarship recipients will form a new unity, building leadership skills and experience through collaboration on required service projects. This scholarship fund provides an exceptional educational and personal growth experience, using the facilities of Westchester Community College and Westchester County, as well as the rich cultural, artistic, and business resources of the New York metropolitan area, while engaging the students in activities with a global perspective.
Students receiving the Kathryn W. Davis Global Community Scholarship will be expected to do the following:
- Enroll for at least 12 credits each semester;
- Enroll in the Davis Scholarship elective course sequence, attend and participate in all weekly meetings of the scholarship cohort, and participate in the program’s online community;
- Maintain a semester GPA of at least 3.25 and immediately notify the program directors if encountering any academic difficulties;
- Make a serious commitment to participate in a required service project as part of a pair or small group. Projects should have substantive impact and leverage the benefits of receiving the scholarship into positive action with a lasting legacy. Projects will presented by the scholars to an audience at the end of the year.
The Kathryn W. Davis Global Community Scholarship is a “full ride” scholarship covering 100% of tuition for the Fall and Spring semesters, after financial aid is calculated, and comes with a stipend of $800 for books for the year.
If you are interested in being considered for this scholarship and can make a commitment to the expectations above, please do the following:
- Make sure that you fill out the following financial aid documents by DATE
- Complete the Kathryn W. David Global Community Scholarship application
- If selected, you will be contacted for a follow-up interview.
- Be prepared to discuss your answers below and additional questions related to your candidacy for the program.