CRRSAA (HEERF II)
The federal Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA) provided a variety of supplemental funding opportunities available to individuals, colleges and businesses affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. The Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) portion of emergency funding provided to colleges is designated for students experiencing financial hardships due to the disruption of campus operations occurring from the coronavirus pandemic.
CCRSAA HEERF funding for student emergency aid awards, which equaled the prior CARES Act HEERF funding for student emergency aid, assists students in paying expenses related to any component of the cost of attendance that arose due to the coronavirus pandemic.
As an institution receiving funds under the CARES Act and CRRSAA, WCC is required to publish information about its campus plan and appropriations.
- The College signed and returned to the Department of Education a Certification and Agreement as required under the CARES Act. By drawing down and expending CRRSAA funds, WCC acknowledges and agrees to be bound by conditions set forth in the CRRSAA Supplemental Agreement including using HEERF funds to provide emergency grants to students.
- WCC intends to use 100% of the funds it has received under the Student Portion of CRRSAA (HEERF II) of $3,596,836 for emergency aid grants to students.
- The total amount of funding received by WCC under the 18004(a)(1) of CRRSAA (HEERF II) is $14,856,758, which includes the aforementioned $3,596,836 for the Student Portion and $11,258,922 for the Institutional Portion.
- WCC is required to report the number of students receiving Emergency Student Aid under HEERF grants as well as the amount of aid distributed. The reporting dates specified by the US Department of Education in its August 31, 2020 memorandum are below. WCC’s Federal Reporting Requirement can be found below.
- WCC submitted an updated Student Emergency Aid campus plan to the State University of New York (SUNY) which went into effect on October 29, 2020.
- Learn more about the Campus Eligibility and Distribution Plan here.
Links to WCC’s HEERF Student Emergency Aid Reports:
|Date of Report||Emergency Financial Aid Grants Distributed||Number of Student Emergency Aid Grants Distributed||Report Link|
|Within Period||Since Inception||Within Period||Since Inception|
|5/7/2020||0||0||0||0||Student Emergency Aid 30 Day Report 1 PDF|
|6/26/2020||$959,698||$959,698||829||829||Student Emergency Aid 45 Day Report|
Links to WCC’s HEERF Institutional Aid and MSI Reports:
|Date of Report||Link to Report|
|6/7/2020||30 Day Institutional Report 1 PDF|
|8/7/2020||30 Day Minority Serving-Hispanic Serving Institutions Report 1 PDF|
|7/21/2020||45 Day Institutional Report 2 PDF|
|9/30/2020||Q3 2020 – September 30, 2020 Institutional Funds Report
|12/31/2020||Q4 2020 – December 31, 2020 Institutional Funds Report
|3/31/2021||Q1 2021 – March 31, 2021 Institutional Funds Report
|06/30/2021||Q2 2021 – June 30, 2021 Institutional Funds Report
|09/30/2021||Q3 2021 – September 30, 2021 Institutional Funds Report
|12/31/2021||Q4 2021 – December 31, 2021 Institutional Funds Report
|03/31/2022||Q1 2022 – March 31, 2022 Institutional Funds Report