CRRSAA (HEERF II)
The federal Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA) provided a variety of supplemental funding opportunities to individuals, colleges and businesses affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. The Higher Education Emergency Relief (HEERF II) portion of emergency funding has been provided to colleges, with a portion of the emergency funding available designated for students experiencing financial hardships due to the disruption of campus operations occurring form the coronavirus pandemic.
CRRSSAA (HEERF II) funding equaled the prior CARES ACT HEERF funding, and is available to assist students in paying expenses related to the cost of attendance that arose due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- WCC intends to use 100% of the funds it has received under the Student Portion of CRRSAA (HEERF II), or $3,596,836 for emergency aid grants to students.
- The total amount of funding received by WCC under both the Student and Institutional Portion of CRRSAA (HEERF II) is $14,856,758, which includes the aforementioned $3,596,836 for the Student Portion and $11,258,922 for the Institutional Portion.
- WCC is required to report the number of students receiving Emergency Student Aid under HEERF grants as well as the amount of aid distributed. The reporting dates specified by the US Department of Education in its August 31, 2020 memorandum are below.
- WCC submitted an updated Student Emergency Aid campus plan to the State University of New York (SUNY) which went into effect on October 29, 2020.
- VISIT WCC CARES Act and CRRSAA Student Emergency Aid Eligibility and Distribution Plan to learn about ELIGIBILITY, HOW TO APPLY, ALLOWABLE EXPENSES, DETERMINATION OF AWARD AMOUNTS, DISTRIBUTION OF FUNDS
Links to WCC’s HEERF Student Emergency Aid Reports:
|Date of Report||Emergency Financial Aid Grants Distributed||Students Receiving Emergency Financial Aid Grants||Report Link|
|Within Period||Since Inception||Within Period||Since Inception|
|5/7/2020||0||0||0||0||Student Emergency Aid 30 Day Report 1 PDF|
|6/26/2020||$959,698||829||Student Emergency Aid 45 Day Report|
|9/30/2020||$1,860,858||1,849||Student Emergency Aid Report Q1 PDF|
|12/31/2020||$3,914,108||3,455||Student Emergency Aid Report Q2 PDF|
|03/31/2021||$2,090,900||$6,002,208||1,779||5,219||Student Emergency Aid Report Q3 Revised PDF|
|06/30/2021||$2,793,254||$8,795,462||2,977||6,998||Student Emergency Aid Report Q4 PDF|
Links to WCC’s HEERF Institutional Aid Reports:
|Date of Report||Link to Report|
|6/7/2020||30 Day Institutional Report 1 PDF|
|8/7/2020||30 Day Minority Serving-Hispanic Serving Institutions Report 1 PDF|
|7/21/2020||45 Day Institutional Report 2 PDF|
|06/30/2021||Q4 Institutional Report PDF|