ARP (HEERF III)
American Rescue Plan (ARP) (HEERF III )
- The American Rescue Plan (HEERF III) provided supplemental funding opportunities to Westchester Community College under the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF), which included $13,141,473 for student emergency aid grants to help students pay for tuition, feed, housing, food, utilities, books, course materials, technology, health care, and child care resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- WCC intends to use 100% of the funds it has received under the Student Portion of CRRSAA (HEERF II) of $3,596,836 for emergency aid grants to students.
- WCC will receive an additional $13,028,409 through the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF III) in the form of an institutional grant.
- WCC is required to report the number of students receiving Emergency Student Aid under HEERF grants as well as the amount of aid distributed. WCC’s Federal Reporting Requirement can be found below.
- WCC’s Student Emergency Aid Campus Plan was submitted to and approved by the State University of New York (SUNY) for the award method below.
Eligibility, How to Apply and Distribution of Funds:
- Any student who completes the FAFSA will automatically be reviewed for ARP Student Emergency Aid Grant awards.
- Eligible students will receive emails and text messages of their awards.
- EFCs that fall between 0 and $14,615, as stipulated by SUNY, will receive an award.
- Awards will be sent to the address on record with the College. Students should check their current address on record in the Registrar’s Office to make sure their address is correct.
Awards will be made to eligible students based on the tiered structure below:
0 – 2,923
2,924 – 5,846
5,847 – 8,769
8,770 – 11,692
11,693 – 14,615
|FT Student Awards||$1,480.50||$1,316.00||$1,151.50||$987.00||$822.50|
|PT Student Awards||$1,151.50||$987.00||$822.50||$658.00||$493.50|
Notifications will go out via email (MYWCC and personal accounts) with instructions for the completion of the Certification Statement. Students will confirm they are COVID impacted through this Certification Statement (electronic and/or paper).
Links to WCC’s HEERF Student Emergency Aid Reports:
|Date of Report||Emergency Financial Aid Grants Distributed||Number of Student Emergency Aid Grants Distributed||Report Link|
|Within Period||Since Inception||Within Period||Since Inception|
|5/7/2020||0||0||0||0||Student Emergency Aid 30 Day Report 1 PDF|
|6/26/2020||$959,698||$959,698||829||829||Student Emergency Aid 45 Day Report|
Links to WCC’s HEERF Institutional Aid and MSI Reports:
|Date of Report||Link to Report|
|6/7/2020||30 Day Institutional Report 1 PDF|
|8/7/2020||30 Day Minority Serving-Hispanic Serving Institutions Report 1 PDF|
|7/21/2020||45 Day Institutional Report 2 PDF|
|9/30/2020||Q3 2020 – September 30, 2020 Institutional Funds Report
|12/31/2020||Q4 2020 – December 31, 2020 Institutional Funds Report
|3/31/2021||Q1 2021 – March 31, 2021 Institutional Funds Report
|06/30/2021||Q2 2021 – June 30, 2021 Institutional Funds Report
|09/30/2021||Q3 2021 – September 30, 2021 Institutional Funds Report
|12/31/2021||Q4 2021 – December 31, 2021 Institutional Funds Report
|03/31/2022||Q1 2022 – March 31, 2022 Institutional Funds Report