CARES Act (HEERF I)
- SUNY Westchester Community College signed and returned to the Department of Education a CARES Act HEERF Certification and Agreement on April 14, 2020 and acknowledges that it intends to use no less than 50% of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act (HEERF I) to provide emergency financial aid grants to students.
- The college has been awarded $3,597,836 designated for emergency grants to go directly to students (this amount represents 50 percent of SUNY Westchester Community College’s total CARES Act (HEERF I) allocation), and will use no less than 50% of the total amount received ($7,195,672) for emergency grants to students.
- The college has determined that an estimated total of 4,396 students at the institution are eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004 (a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- The priority deadline for CARES Act (HEERF I) grant applications will be processed until Spring 2021 until such funds are exhausted. CARES Act Funding is for continuing expenses based on the ongoing campus disruption due to COVID-19.
- Awards will be made to eligible to Title IV (Pell) eligible students with eligible COVID-19 related needs. Awards will be made to eligible students based on the tiered structure below, whereby Tier 1 and 2 meet SUNY Priority 1 (Pell eligible, high need, low estimated family contribution):
- Tier 1 PELL eligible students who have a 0 EFC award is $1,400.
- Tier 2 PELL eligible students who have an EFC greater than 0 on the 2020-21 FAFSA award is $700.
- Note: Previous Fall 2020 awards which are lower than stated above will be adjusted to reflect these amounts.
- Notifications will go out via email (MYWCC and personal accounts) with instructions for completion of the Certification Statement. Students will confirm they are COVID impacted through this Certification Statement.
As of March 31, 2021, a cumulative total of 5,219 students (duplicated count) received $6,002,208 under Section 18004 (a)(1) of the CARES Act. $3,597,836 was distributed under the Student Portion of the CARES Act as of 12/31/2020. An additional $2,404,372 was distributed under the Institutional Portion as of 03/31/2021.
Links to WCC’s HEERF Student Emergency Aid Reports:
|Date of Report||Emergency Financial Aid Grants Distributed||Students Receiving Emergency Financial Aid Grants||Report Link|
|Within Period||Since Inception||Within Period||Since Inception|
|5/7/2020||0||0||0||0||Student Emergency Aid 30 Day Report 1 PDF|
|6/26/2020||$959,698||829||Student Emergency Aid 45 Day Report|
|9/30/2020||$1,860,858||1,849||Student Emergency Aid Report Q1 PDF|
|12/31/2020||$3,914,108||3,455||Student Emergency Aid Report Q2 PDF|
|03/31/2021||$2,090,900||$6,002,208||1,779||5,219||Student Emergency Aid Report Q3 Revised PDF|
|06/30/2021||$2,793,254||$8,795,462||2,977||6,998||Student Emergency Aid Report Q4 PDF|
Links to WCC’s HEERF Institutional Aid Reports:
|Date of Report||Link to Report|
|6/7/2020||30 Day Institutional Report 1 PDF|
|8/7/2020||30 Day Minority Serving-Hispanic Serving Institutions Report 1 PDF|
|7/21/2020||45 Day Institutional Report 2 PDF|
|06/30/2021||Q4 Institutional Report PDF|