Respiratory Care Learning Outcomes
- Correctly read prescriptions, measure arterial blood gases, and review patient information to assess a patient’s condition.
- Recommend appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures using patient data from laboratory and physiologic evaluations.
- Manage patient care by performing medical procedures or related duties.
- Inspect, clean, test, and maintain respiratory therapy equipment to ensure equipment is functioning safely and efficiently, ordering repairs when necessary.
- Monitor a patient’s physiological responses to therapy, such as vital signs, arterial blood gases, or blood chemistry changes, and consult.
- Apply the skills required to perform all of the clinical procedural skills associated with the role and scope of practice of the advanced respiratory care practitioner.