Phone: 914-606-6161 or (914)222-1948
Office location: Hankin Academic Arts, Room 518
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Title(s): Assistant Professor of English
Degree Information* (Degree, Concentration, and Institution):
- D., English (Composition & Rhetoric), University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2012
- A., English Language & Literature, University of Virginia, 2006
- A., English, Boston College, 2003
Courses Taught* (if extensive, please focus on recent courses):
- English 99 “Writing Studio”
- English 101 “Writing and Research”
- English 102 “Writing and Literature”
- English 115 “Creative Writing”
- English 224 “Science Fiction”
Honors and Awards:
Publications and Presentations* (if extensive, please focus on recent work):
- “Bridging the Gap: Developing College/High School Transition Courses.” Conference on College Composition and Communication (CCCC). Kansas City, Missouri. March 15, 2018.
- “The Impact of ePortfolios on Student Learning in Accelerated Writing Programs.” Conference on Instruction and Technology. May 2016. Potsdam, New York.
- “Studying the Academic Tribe: Using Rhetorical Analysis to Teach Academic Research Writing.” SUNY Council on Writing Conference. March 2016. Albany, New York.
- “Learning in the Fast Lane: The Risks and Rewards of Accelerating Developmental Writing.” Conference on College Composition and Communication (CCCC). Tampa, Florida. March 20, 2015.
Institution Service or Academic Service:
- English liaison, High School Partnerships
- Co-chair, Emerging Initiatives Committee (Faculty Senate)