Nursing Information Fact Sheet for Call Center and Receptionists:
Admission into the program:
- Do I need to take Anatomy and Physiology before admission into the program? Yes, within 5 years
- Do I need to take Chemistry? Only if you did not take Regents chemistry in High School (transcripts required)
- Do you accept transfer nursing courses? No.
- Can I transfer other non-nursing courses? Typically, yes, however the Registrar will evaluate your credits.
- Do I need to take an admission exam? Yes, the TEAS exam.
- How do I register for the TEAS? Through the Admissions department only. Call: 914-606-6735. Visit the Information/Sessions and Tours page
- When is the TEAS given? Usually in March and October.
- What grade do I need to get on the TEAS? Advanced
- Do you accept TEAS results from other colleges? No.
- How can I study for the TEAS? Go to atiteas.info for study strategies.
- How long is the program? 2 years or more depending on how many non-nursing courses the students takes per semester.
- Do you have an evening program? No, but occasionally you will have an evening clinical option.
- Do you have an LPN program? No
- Do you have an LPN pathway? LPNs must take the TEAS exam and meet the same admission criteria as non LPN students. There is a 3-part exam that may be taken to challenge and get credit for A.D.N. 120. However, the Challenge exam is given at the discretion of the faculty.
- What degree will I earn? An Associate’s in Applied Science.
- Can I get a job without a Bachelor’s degree? Yes, many graduates are employed in hospitals, nursing homes, clinics, and doctors’ offices.
- Does Westchester Community College have affiliations with Bachelor’s programs? Yes, visit the Articulation Agreement page
- How can I get more information? Register for an Information Session given by the Admissions Department. RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED. Call Admissions at 914-606-6735