Non-Matriculated or Summer/Winter Visiting Student Status Admission and Registration Steps

Check course availability online. Please click here for Course Schedules

checkApplication for Admission
Click here to apply online or download the admissions paper application for Non-Matriculated and/or Summer Visiting Student Status. Please note, if you are applying online as a Non-matriculated and/or Summer Visiting Student, you must check the box stating the following under Educational Goals:

“Check this box if you do not wish to pursue a degree or certificate at this time or if you are applying as a Summer Visiting Student. Understand that this categorizes you as non-matriculated, which makes you ineligible for financial aid. If you are not applying to enter into a program or certificate, please proceed to questions 18 the press continue.”

Students applying online must pay the $35 non-refundable application fee with a credit card. Students using the paper application to apply must pay the $35 non-refundable application fee with a check or money order payable to Westchester Community College to be submitted to the Office of Admissions located on the 2nd floor of the Administration Building.

Please note, email and letter notifications with next steps are sent to students approximately one week after applications are processed.

checkCollege Transcripts
All prerequisites must be met before any student may take a course.  College students must submit transcripts showing proof of completion of these prerequisites with a “C” or better grade to the Transfer Credit Evaluator in the Registrar’s Office located on the 1st floor of the Administration Building. Colleges that are members of the Script-Safe Network (click here for list of participating colleges) may have their transcripts emailed to

checkPlacement Testing
Students registering for English or math must take the Westchester Community College Placement Test or submit college transcripts to the Registrar’s Office showing completion of an approved English or math prerequisite (grade of C or better)  before they may register. For additional testing exemptions, visit the Frequently Asked Questions section of the Testing Center webpage at Click here to view more information about placement testing. 

checkImmunization Records
New York State Public Health laws require all students, regardless of age, enrolling in 6 or more credits must be in compliance with the NYS Meningitis Law and all students enrolling in 6 or more credits who were born on or after January 1, 1957 must provide proof of immunity for measles, mumps and rubella. Documentation should be submitted with your application or brought, faxed, emailed or mailed to the Student Health Office located in the Student Center Building. Click here to download the immunization form.

checkCertificate of Residence
Students who have lived in New York State for one year, but do not or have not lived in Westchester County for six months, must present a Certificate of Residence from their county of legal residence to the Bursar’s Office located on the 1st floor of the Administration Building. Click here  to download the application for the Certificate of Residence.

Registration for summer courses may be completed online by logging in to the MyWCC Student Portal.  MyWCC log in instructions will be mailed to you along with your Student ID # which you will need to log on. All students are encouraged to register online.  If you encounter problems, you may also register in person in the Registrar’s Office located in the Administration Building, Room 107.

checkTuition Payment
Once you have registered for your courses, you must pay your tuition and fees. You can pay online by going to the MyWCC student portal or at the Bursar’s Office located on the 1st floor of the Administration Building. For more information regarding payment, please contact the Bursar’s Office at 914-606-6992. For more information about Tuition payments, click here.

Students who intend to transfer WCC credit back to their home institution should check with their college on their policy for transfer credit.  At the completion of their summer coursework, students may request an official copy of their grades be sent to their college by completing a transcript request form from the Registrar’s Office in the Administration Building, Room 107.