What is Viking ROADS?
Viking ROADS is an opportunity program that helps motivated students graduate with an Associate Degree in three years or less. In exchange for full-time study and fulfilling program requirements, students will receive personalized advising, financial, and academic support.
What are the benefits?
- A dedicated academic counselor
- Tuition assistance for those who receive financial aid
- An annual textbook voucher
- A monthly transportation or food stipend
- Convenient course schedules
- Smaller classes in the first year
- Career and transfer counseling
What are the requirements?
- Meet with the dedicated counselor regularly
- Attend regular workshops
- Apply for financial aid each year
- Fulfill any required developmental coursework
- Attend mandated tutoring for developmental courses and failed credit courses
Who is eligible?
Potential Viking ROADS students must:
- Be a New York State resident
- Be a first-time student in college
- Enroll in one of the following majors:
- Business Administration (A.S.)
- Business: Accounting (A.S.)
- Computer Information Systems (A.A.S.)
- Human Services (A.S.)
- Criminal Justice: Police (A.A.S.)
- Marketing (A.S.)
- Need no more than two developmental courses
- Enroll in full-time study until completion
* For more information about these majors, visit our Academic Programs catalog:
How to apply for Fall 2018
- Apply to WCC for Freshman Admission
- Take the college placement exam (if applicable)
- Apply for financial aid
- Attend a Viking ROADS information session
- Fill out a Viking ROADS application form
- Meet for a one-on-one intake session with the Viking ROADS advisor
- Complete any summer requirements (if applicable)
Viking ROADS interest form:
Staff and Location
Administration Bldg, Room 111