Incoming Transfers

Transfers from Other Colleges
If you are a student who has completed college level coursework at another college or university we welcome your application to Westchester Community College.

To apply you should:

Apply for Admission
All students are encouraged to apply online. Click here to apply online or download the admissions paper application. Students applying online must pay the $35 non-refundable application fee with a credit card. Students using the paper application must submit the application with the $35 non-refundable application fee (check or money order) to the Office of Admissions located in the Administration Building Room 210.

Please note, email and letter notifications with next steps are sent to students approximately one week after applications are processed.

High School Transcript/GED Diploma
All applicants must have their high school send a final high school transcript with the date of graduation to the Office of Admissions located in the Administration Building Room 210. Transcripts may be sent by mail or by email to High School Equivalency Diploma recipients must submit an official copy of their GED Diploma and scores.

College Transcripts
Applicants who have attended a prior college must have an official college transcript sent to the Transfer Credit Evaluator in the Registrar’s Office located in the Administration Building Room 107. Colleges that are members of the Script-Safe Network (click here for list of participating colleges) may have their transcripts emailed to

Students that have engaged in a course of study while serving in the military may be eligible to earn college credit at Westchester. Please see our college catalog under “Admissions with Advanced Standing” for more information.

A student may be granted a maximum of 50 percent of the required credits for a degree or certificate at Westchester Community College through transfer, examination or evaluation. In general, courses in which a student has received a grade of ‘C’ or better will be accepted for credit if they fit into our course requirements.

Transfer applicants will be notified of their acceptance in writing. In some cases, placement testing will be waived for transfer students based on past academic work.

Westchester Community College will accept equivalent courses from all institutions accredited either by the six regional accrediting agency (Middle States Association, etc) or the New York State Board of Regents.  An institution must be fully accredited at the time the course was taken for the course to be considered.  Any course from any college must still pass the test of being equivalent to all Westchester Community College course to be considered for transfer.

For questions regarding Admission as a transfer student, please contact the Office of Admissions at or 914-606-6735.

Transfer Credit Evaluation Appeal Process

A student enters into this process in the event that:

  • The student wishes to receive credit for a course or courses completed at another SUNY institution
  • He or she has submitted an official transcript to the Transcript Credit Evaluator in the Registrar’s Office and
  • The student is not satisfied with the decision

For the full Appeal Process, click here

For the Transfer Appeal Form, click here

For all other questions regarding incoming transfers, please call 914-606-6735 or email