Transfers from Other Colleges
If you are a student who has completed college level coursework at another college or university we welcome your application to Westchester Community College.
To apply you should submit:
- A completed Application for Admission
- Official high school transcripts
- Official college transcripts (required prior to the evaluation of credits)
- A non-refundable $35.00 application fee.
Students that have engaged in a course of study while serving in the military may be eligible to earn college credit at Westchester. Please see our college catalog under “Admissions with Advanced Standing” for more information.
A student may have a maximum of 32 credits transferred to Westchester Community College. In general, courses in which a student has received a grade of ‘C’ or better will be accepted for credit if they fit into our course requirements.
Transfer applicants will be notified of their acceptance in writing. In some cases, placement testing will be waived for transfer students based on past academic work.
Westchester Community College will accept equivalent courses from all institutions accredited either by the six regional accrediting agency (Middle States Association, etc) or the New York State Board of Regents. An institution must be fully accredited at the time the course was taken for the course to be considered. Any course from any college must still pass the test of being equivalent to all Westchester Community College course to be considered for transfer.
Transfer Appeal Process
A student enters into this process in the event that:
- The student wishes to receive credit for a course or courses completed at another SUNY institution
- He or she has submitted an official transcript to the Transcript Evaluator in the Admissions Office and
- The student is not satisfied with the decision
For the full Appeal Process, click here
For the Transfer Appeal Form, click here
For all other questions regarding incoming transfers, please call 914-606-6735 or email email@example.com.