About the Mount Vernon Extension Center
Westchester Community College’s Mount Vernon Extension Center is located at 17 S. Fifth Avenue in downtown Mount Vernon, a short walk from City Hall. Equipped with smart technology classrooms, a comfortable student lounge, spacious computer labs and a large lecture hall, the Center offers students a wide range of courses in General Education, Liberal Arts and ESL.
Classes and Counseling Offered in Mount Vernon
For Fall 2014 course offerings, please click here.
For Academic Counseling Schedule, click here
On-Site Mount Vernon Academic Support Center (MVASC) – Room 119
Registered Westchester Community College students are invited to visit the Mount Vernon Academic Support Center for free help with their coursework. Click the link for details.
The MVASC offers book discussion on the college’s First Year Experience Common Read as well as workshops to assist with study skills. If you are interested in participating in a book discussion or workshop, please click the Extension Center Workshops Schedule link for details.
Check out the MVASC Blackboard page for access to helpful links and schedules of workshops.
Becoming a MEMBER is EASY:
- Sign in to the Blackboard Log In page
- Click on WCC Clubs & Community in the blue bar at the top
- Scroll down and click on the Student Support and Tutoring folder on the left
- Scroll down and click on the drop down menu next to DS40 Academic Support Center, Mt Vernon
- At the drop down menu select ENROLL
- At the Self Enrollment Page, click SUBMIT
College Start Academy: High School graduates interested in improving their English, Math and study skills prior to fall registration might be eligible for College Start Academy. For more information, click on the following link: College Start Academy: Summer Preparatory Program to strengthen Math and English skills as well as provide a college orientation
Review Classes for Nursing Entrance Exams: Students preparing for Nursing Entrance Exams might be eligible to register for the Mount Vernon Nursing Entrance Exam review classes. For more information, click on the following link: Nursing Entrance Exam Preparation
Directions To Mount Vernon Extension Center
17 S. Fifth Avenue
Mount Vernon, NY 10550
Contact us at 914-606-7200 and MountVernon@sunywcc.edu
Directions to Mount Vernon Extension Center from the North:
Bronx River Pkwy traveling south bound-
- Take Exit 10B for Bronx River Rd toward Mt. Vernon/Yonkers
- Turn left onto Bronx River Rd
- Take 3rd left onto Mt. Vernon Avenue/Yonkers Ave (continue to follow Mt. Vernon Ave.)
- Turn right onto W. Lincoln Ave
- Turn left onto W 1st St.
- Turn right onto S. 5th Ave (College on left)
Hutchinson River Pkwy traveling south bound:
- Take Exit 8 for new York 22/ N. Columbus Ave toward Mt. Vernon
- Keep right at the fork, follow signs for NY-22 S and merge onto NY-22 S/N Columbus Ave
- Turn right onto E Lincoln Ave
- At the traffic circle, take 3rd exit onto Gramatan Ave
- Turn right onto W 1st St
- Take the 1st left onto South 5th Ave (College on left)
Directions to Mount Vernon Extension Center from the South:
Bronx River Pkwy traveling north bound:
- Take Exit 10A toward Oak St/Yonkers/Mt Vernon
- Turn right onto Mt Vernon Ave/Yonkers Ave; Continue to follow Mt Vernon Ave
- Turn right onto W Lincoln Ave
- Turn left onto W 1st St
- Turn right onto S 5th Ave (College on right)
Hutchinson River Pkwy traveling north bound:
- Take Exit 9 for Wolfs Lane toward Mt Vernon/Pelham
- Turn right onto Wolfs Lane
- Take 1st right onto Colonial Ave
- Continue onto E. Sanford Blvd
- Turn right onto S 5th Avenue (College on right)
Click for Personalized Directions to this location.
Mt. Vernon Extension Center Opening Celebration