Welcome to the Office of Student Financial Assistance
The Office of Student Financial Assistance Mission Statement
The Office of Student Financial Assistance plays a major role in providing access to post-secondary education for students by assisting them in receiving grants, work, loans and scholarships to finance their higher education. The Office of Student Financial Assistance serves as a student advocate while also advancing institutional policy and objectives within the framework of rules and regulations governing State, Federal and Private funding sources of aid to whom it must account for the expenditure of funds.
Financial literacy courses are available through SUNY Smart Track Financial Literacy where you can learn about a wide variety of financial matters such as budgeting, smart borrowing, and identify theft. First time users will need to create an account.
- Federal Regulation Change Affecting Required Verification Documents: Financial aid applications are randomly selected by the federal government for verification. During this process, the student and/or parent(s) are required to submit documentation for the information listed (or not listed) on the FAFSA. Due to changes implemented by the federal government for the 2012-13 Aid Year, we are now required to collect tax transcripts and can no longer accept copies of tax returns. Please click here to read the complete document.
- All federal student and parent loans will be processed under the Federal Direct Loan Programs effective with the Fall 09 semester. For more information, please click on one of the following links:
- All direct loan and FFELP borrowers are required to complete an exit interview. For further information, click Loan Exit Interview Process.
- All financial aid applications must be filed and all documentation brought to the Office of Student Financial Assistance.
- Free Tax preparation services is being offered through Single Stop. Click here for more information.
- Education Opportunity Program.
- Student’s Guide to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
Administration Building, Room 120
|Financial Aid Office Hours|
|Monday, Tuesday & Friday||9:00 am – 4:30 pm|
|Wednesday, Thursday||9:00 am – 6:30 pm|