Money Smart Forum – Financial Coaching
Programs for Students
Money Smart Forum
The Money Smart Forum was introduced in the fall of 2014, with funding from the JPMorgan Chase Foundation. The program provides students with personal finance tools, information, and one-on-one coaching to help them manage their money and plan for future success.
Components of the Money Smart Forum include:
- One-on-one sessions with a financial coach
- Workshops on a range of personal finance topics offered twice a month (and open to all students).
- Career readiness workshops
Outcomes for Students
Every student in the program works with a financial coach to set specific financial goals and to create an action plan. Students accomplishing the requirements earn a Certificate of Achievement.
Goals that the students work on include:
- Opening a savings account
- Creating a budget
- Starting a savings plan with a monthly target
- Reducing credit card debt
- Paying down student loan debt
- Improving credit report/credit score