Money Smart Forum – Financial Coaching
Programs for Students
Money Smart Forum
The Money Smart Forum is a new pilot program introduced in the fall of 2014, with funding from the JPMorgan Chase Foundation.
- It provides students with personal finance tools, information, and one-on-one coaching to help them manage their money and plan for future success.
- Components of the Money Smart Forum include:
- One-on-one sessions with a financial coach
- Workshops on a range of personal finance topics offered twice a month (and open to all students).
- Career readiness workshops
Outcomes for students
- Every student in the program works with a financial coach to set specific financial goals and to create an action plan.
- Students accomplishing the requirements earn a Certificate of Achievement.
- Goals that the students work on include:
- Opening a savings account
- Creating a budget
- Starting a savings plan with a monthly target
- Reducing credit card debt
- Paying down student loan debt
- Improving credit report/credit score