TRIO Student Support Services
What is Student Support Services (SSS)
Student Support Services is a federally funded TRIO program sponsored by the US Department of Education. SSS offers academic assistance to 170 students at Westchester Community College. The goal of SSS is to increase retention and graduation rates, and promote transfer to four year institutions.
Am I Eligible for the SSS Program?
- First year student
- Accepted for enrollment/currently enrolled at Westchester Community College.
- Enrolled or placed in at least one developmental course.
- A U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Highly motivated to graduate and/or transfer to a four-year college or university.
- Family meets financial low income levels as determined by federal TRIO Program
- A first-generation college student (neither parent has a four year degree)
- A documented disability
How Do I Apply for Student Support Services?
- Click to Download an Application. in PDF format
- Send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org (Be sure to include your name, address, email address and phone number so that we may send you an application)
- Stop by the TRIO offices in the Science Building – rooms 329, 335 or 336 to pick up an application in person.
What services are available to students in the SSS program?
- Academic advisement/counseling
- Financial aid counseling and Financial literacy education
- Career counseling
- One-on-one tutoring
- Cultural programs
- Leadership and study skills workshops
- Employment/transfer assistance
Advising and Counseling
- Course selection and registration
- Academic or personal counseling
- Financial aid assistance
- Career counseling/coaching
- Navigating the system
- Transfer assistance
|READING, WRITING AND TERM PAPERS:|
|GRETCHEN:||Mondays through Thursdays||9a.m. – 2p.m.|
|DANA:||Mondays||10a.m. – 2p.m.|
|SARAH:||Tuesdays||9a.m. – 3p.m.|
|SCIENCE AND MATH TUTORING:|
|(Developmental Math through Calculus 1)|
|ROAA:||Mondays||9:30a.m. - 11a.m.|
|Tuesdays||9a.m. – 11a.m.|
|Wednesdays||9:30a.m. – 11:30a.m.|
|Fridays||9:30a.m. – 11a.m. & 12p.m. – 4p.m.|
|(Biology, Chemistry 113 & 107, Math/Developmental Math through Calculus I)|
|SHAI:||Tuesdays||1-2p.m. & 3-4p.m.|
|Thursdays||1-2p.m. & 3-4p.m.|
|Fridays||12-1p.m.; & 3-4p.m.|
|(Anatomy and Physiology I, Math 117, General Psychology, Principles of Inorganic Chemistry, Nutrition and Biological Science)|
|HENRY:||Mondays||12:30p.m. – 3:30p.m.|
|Wednesdays||10a.m. – 3p.m.|
|Thursdays||1p.m. – 3p.m.|
|(Anatomy and Physiology I, II, Microbiology, Chemistry, English)|
|CAITLIN:||Mondays||2p.m. – 5p.m.|
|Wednesdays||2p.m. – 5p.m.|
|Thursdays||3p.m. – 5p.m.|
|Fridays||9a.m. – 1p.m.|
|WELCOME BACK TRIO STUDENTS!||1-30-19||Wednesday from 11a.m. - 1p.m.||Science 371|
|FIX YOUR FINANCES/SIMPLE BUDGETING||2-6-19||Wednesday from 11a.m. - 1p.m.||Gateway - 139|
|DIVERSITY WORKSHOP||2-13-19||Wednesday from 11a.m. - 1p.m.||Science 371|
|FAFSA Workshop||2-20-19||Wednesday from 11a.m. - 1p.m.||Gateway 237|
|MONEY MANAGEMENT||2-27-19||Wednesday from 11a.m. - 1p.m.||Gateway - 139|
|SELF CARE||3-6-19||Wednesday from 11a.m. - 1p.m.||Science 371|
|FAFSA Workshop||3-20-19||Wednesday from 11a.m. - 1p.m.||Gateway 237|
|FINANCIAL EMERGENCIES||3-27-19||Wednesday from 11a.m. - 1p.m.||Gateway-139|
|CAREER EXPO DISCUSSION||4-10-19||Wednesday from 11a.m. - 1p.m.||Science 371|
|CAREER EXPO!||4-17-19||Wednesday from 11a.m. - 1p.m.||STUDENT CENTER|
|CREDIT AND CREDIT SCORES||4-24-19||Wednesday from 11a.m. - 1p.m.||Gateway - 139|
|DEGREE WORKS!||5-8-19||Wednesday from 11a.m. - 1p.m.||TBA|
Staff and Location
Professor Virginia Falcone
Science Building room 336
Science Building, Room 349
(to make apt.) Email: email@example.com
Science Building room 329