Middle Georgia State University Transfer Agreement
Associate’s Degree Required: Yes
Learning Format: The Information Technology, BS degree program is 100% online or in-person.
- Students must graduate from Westchester Community College.
- WCC graduated students will pay Middle Georgia State’s in-state tuition plus institutional and technology fees.
- WCC students who graduate with an A.A.S. degree in Computer Information Systems (CIS) or with an A.A.S. degree in Cybersecurity with a minimum GPA of 2.0 will be guaranteed acceptance to Middle Georgia State University and will transfer with junior standing.
- By virtue of completion of an A.A.S. CIS or A.A.S. Cybersecurity degree at WCC, all students are waived of the lower-level general education/core requirements at Middle Georgia State University.
- A maximum of 64 credits will be applied toward the completion of the articulated Middle Georgia State University’s Bachelor of Science Information Technology degree program.
- Middle Georgia State’s Information Technology B.S. degree program includes seven concentrations: Cyber Forensics, Cybersecurity, Critical infrastructure, Integrated Digital Media & Game Design, Network Technologies & Administration, Software Engineering, and Web Applications Development.
Middle Georgia State University’s Transfer Agreements Website:
For more information on Middle Georgia State University’s Transfer Guide for WCC, go to: https://www.mga.edu/computing/information-technology/transfer/westchester.php
Middle Georgia State and Westchester Community College are each designated as an NSA/DHS Center of Academic Excellence in Cybersecurity Education.
Official Transfer Agreement:
|Westchester Community College Associate’s Degree and Degree Type||Middle Georgia State University Bachelor’s Degree and Degree Type|
|Computer Information Systems||A.A.S.||Information Technology||B.S.|