WCC/Montclair State University, Transfer Agreement
Associate’s Degree Required: Yes
Learning Format: In person
Transfer Agreement Highlights:
- WCC graduates transferring to and admitted to Montclair State University will be granted the NJ in-state tuition rate for specific degree programs in effect at the time of their admission (see table below for degree programs that are eligible for NJ in-state tuition).
- Students must graduate from Westchester Community College with an Associate’s of Arts (AA) or Associate’s of Science (AS) degree.
- WCC graduates with an A.A. or A.S. degree and a minimum GPA of 2.75 will be guaranteed acceptance to Montclair State University and will transfer with junior standing.
- WCC graduates with an A.A. or A.S. degree will receive a waiver of the Montclair State General Education Requirement.
- A maximum of 60 credits will be applied toward the completion of the articulated Montclair State University Bachelor’s degree program.
- Students must select a major from the list of approved programs listed in Section 5 of the Transfer Agreement.
- Students in this program will have access to workshops, special events, and advising to help them transition smoothly to Montclair State University.
Transfer Agreement Details:
- WCC graduates transferring to and admitted to Montclair State University will be guaranteed housing. Housing is subject to availability and adequate annual appropriations.
- The application fee will be waived by Montclair State for WCC graduates transfer from WCC into this Program.
Students graduating from WCC who have not participated in the dual admissions portion of this agreement can still benefit from the program to program alignments below and the in-state tuition rate.
Opt-in link and Dual Admission information: to follow
For more information, visit the Montclair State University website.
The majors listed below are those that already have an established 2 year track at MSU. However, with proper advising, a student transferring in with any AA or AS degree should be able to complete one of the majors listed below within 2 years of full-time study.
|Westchester Community College Associate’s
Degree and Degree Type
|Montclair Bachelor’s Degree and Degree Type|
|Health Studies||A.S.||Public Health||B.S.|
|Foods & Nutrition||A.S.||Nutrition and Food Sciences: General||B.S.|
|Liberal Arts & Sciences: Humanities||A.A.||Anthropology||B.A.|
|Liberal Arts & Sciences: Humanities||A.S.||French||B.A.|
|Liberal Arts & Sciences: Humanities||A.A.||German||B.A.|
|Liberal Arts & Sciences: Humanities- History||A.A.||History||B.A.|
|Liberal Arts & Sciences: Humanities||A.A.||Linguistics||B.A.|
|Liberal Arts and Sciences: Social Sciences||A.A.||Political Science||B.A.|
|LAS: Social Sciences – Psychology||A.A.||Psychology||B.A.|
|LAS: Social Sciences – Sociology||A.A.||Sociology||B.A.|
|Liberal Arts & Sciences: Humanities- Spanish||A.A.||Spanish||B.A.|
|Liberal Arts & Sciences: Humanities- Spanish||A.A.||Spanish: Concentration in Translation||B.A.|
|Liberal Arts & Sciences: Humanities||A.A.||Italian||B.A.|
|Liberal Arts & Sciences: Mathematics and Science- Mathematics||A.A.||Mathematics||B.A.|
|Environmental Science||A.S.||Earth & Environmental Science||B.S.|