SUNY Potsdam Transfer Agreement
Associate’s Degree Required: YES
Learning Format: on-campus
Transfer Agreement Highlights:
- Students must graduate from Westchester Community College.
- WCC students who graduate with an A.A. or A.S. degree with a minimum GPA of 2.0 will be guaranteed acceptance to SUNY Potsdam and will transfer with junior standing.
- By virtue of completion of an A.A. or A.S. degree at WCC, all students are waived of the lower level general education/core requirements at SUNY Potsdam.
- A maximum of 64 credits will be applied toward the completion of the articulated SUNY Potsdam Bachelor’s degree program. If all credits do not count for requirements in the major, they will then count as elective credit toward the degree.
- Students must complete a minimum of 45 upper-division credits to satisfy SUNY Potsdam’s baccalaureate degree requirements. A minimum of 15 upper-division credits, in the major, must be completed with SUNY Potsdam coursework.
- Students must complete a minimum of 90 liberal arts credits to satisfy SUNY Potsdam’s B.A. degree requirements.
- Students must complete a minimum of 75 liberal arts credits to satisfy SUNY Potsdam’s B.S. degree requirements.
SUNY Potsdam offers transfer scholarship opportunities to high achieving transfer students. Students transferring from WCC, with a cumulative college GPA of 3.0 or higher, are encouraged to apply for transfer scholarship money at www.potsdam.edu/scholarships. Specific transfer scholarship information is also available at that web link.
For Westchester Community College Scholarship information, go to www.sunywcc.edu/scholarships
Official Transfer Agreement:
|Westchester Community College Associate’s Degree and Degree Type||SUNY Potsdam Bachelor’s Degree and Degree Type|
|Environmental Studies||A.S.||Environmental Studies||B.A.|
|Health & Human Performance||A.S.||Exercise Science||B.S.|