Iona Transfer Agreement
Minimum Cumulative GPA Required: 2.5
Associate’s Degree Required: Yes
- Students must graduate with an A.A. or A.S. from Westchester Community College.
- WCC graduates with a 2.5 GPA or better WCC grade point average will be guaranteed transfer admission to Iona College and will transfer with junior standing at the receiving institution.
- Minimum grade requirement of C or better required for courses to transfer
- A maximum of 64 credits will be applied toward the completion of the articulated bachelor’s degree program.
- By virtue of completion of the A.A. or A.S. degree at WCC, all students are waived of the lower level general education/core requirements at Iona College. Students will not be required to take any additional lower level general education/core requirements.
Iona College, in partnership with Westchester Community College, will create and award the Iona College /Westchester Community College Pathways Transfer Scholarship. The Iona College/Westchester Community College Pathways Transfer Scholarship will have the following criteria:
- Students must earn a GPA of 3.0 or above to receive the Iona $20,000 Scholarship per year.
- Students MUST graduate with an Associate’s Degree from Westchester Community College
- Students must register at the receiving institution as full-time, matriculated students
- The scholarships will be renewable as long students meet the following minimum requirements:
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Maintain full-time matriculated status
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress towards a degree at the receiving institution
In addition to the above, Iona College also offers several merit based scholarships to transfer students. Visit: Iona College’s Financial aid and Scholarships page: https://www.iona.edu/student-life/student-financial-services/financial-aid-scholarships.aspx
For Westchester Community College Scholarship information, go to www.sunywcc.edu/scholarships
For more information about Iona College, visit: Iona College
Official Transfer Agreement:
|Westchester Community College Associate’s Degree and Award Type||Iona College Bachelor’s Degree and Award Type|
|Business Management||A.S.||Business Management||B.B.A.|
|Business Management SUNY Transfer||A.S.||Business Management||B.B.A.|
|Communications And Media Arts||A.A.||Mass Communications||B.S.|
|Human Services||A.S.||Social Work||B.S.|
LAS: Social Sciences with a concentration in Psychology
LAS: Social Sciences with a concentration in Sociology
|Marketing||A.S.||Business Administration/ Marketing||B.B.A.|