Students Honored at Student Leader Recognition Ceremony
May 11, 2020
Westchester Community College’s Student Government Association and Department of Student Involvement held its 72nd Annual Student Leader Recognition Ceremony remotely. Over 60 attendees viewed the presentation of the numerous awards.
The award recipients are:
- Maajeek Flores – Vera Delgrosso Award presented to a student who has demonstrated tremendous personal and professional growth from experiences in the co-curriculum while maintaining a positive attitude in light of great challenges.
- Aline Engler – Student Involvement Award is presented to a student who has stayed actively involved in campus life throughout their tenure at the College and has made significant contributions to improve the student community.
- Maricy Sendras, Gianna Moglia, Emily Moriarity, Cecile, Linton, Maimuna Joof, Alejandra Diaz, Janat Choudhry, Charles Greco, Aleksandre Jeladze, Kelly O’Brien – Key Award presented to students who have made consistent and outstanding contributions to the College community, particularly in the areas of student life and the educational environment of the campus. Recipients exemplify characteristics of leadership, service and an earnest desire to learn and grow from their experiences in the co-curriculum.
- Accounting Club – Club of the Year
- The Healthy Essentials “Stuff Your Bag Event” sponsored by the Radiology Club – Club Event of the Year
The 2020 SUNY Chancellor’s Awards for Student Excellence Recipients were also acknowledged. These prestigious awards recognize students who demonstrated the integration of academic excellence with accomplishments in the areas of leadership, athletics, community service, creative and performing arts, campus involvement, or career achievement.
The Westchester Community College students who were honored are:
- Joel Andrade
- Hugo Espinoza Rodriguez
- Bryan Goodman
- Paulina Majerkiewicz
- Alexender Meltzer-Werner
- Olivia Quiñones
- Rene Tenesaca
“We are so proud of these accomplished students,” said Tiago Machado, Director of Student Involvement at Westchester Community College. “These honorees have exemplified the determination, poise and sense of accomplishment that is the hallmark of WCC students. They are truly Viking Strong!”
Westchester Community College is the largest higher education institution in the county, serving over 24,000 full-time, part-time Workforce Development and continuing education students. Students pursue over 60 degree and certificate programs on a beautiful 218-acre campus, at 7 conveniently located extension centers, and online. Westchester Community College reflects the rich diversity of its region, and was the first SUNY campus to be designated an Hispanic Serving Institution.