MS PowerPoint for Nursing
This course teaches Nursing professionals and Nursing support staff how to make the most effective use of Microsoft Power Point for presenting clinical, administrative and financial data in a clear and concise manner. All presentations and examples have been developed by nursing professionals using real-world scenarios and were created using data from hospitals, long term care facilities, clinics, rehabilitation centers, ambulatory surgical centers and other healthcare settings.
Specific Skill Set Acquisition:
As a result of taking this course, all participants will be able to effectively develop and modify Microsoft Power Point presentations that address the following scenarios:
- Charting and Graphing Length-Of-Stay (LOS) data by Hospital Service;
- Communicating information concerning the occurrence of nosocomial infections;
- Presenting clinical productivity outcome measurements;
- Developing In-Service Training modules;
- Creating Employee Orientation presentations;
- Presenting a program for monitoring patient falls;
- Tracking the utilization and recall of surgical implant data;
- Integrating Power Point Presentations with Microsoft Excel worksheets;
- Creating graphical presentations for compliance with federal and state monitors;
- And many other practical clinical examples, all based on nursing practice.
Who Will Benefit From This Course:
Nursing professionals of all levels (LPN, GN, RN, BSN, MSN, and others) as well as administrative support staff who work closely with nursing professionals will find this course useful.
No previous knowledge of Microsoft Power Point is necessary. All participants should be comfortable navigating around a computer screen or a tablet using a mouse or other pointing device, such as a light pen.
Location: Online (virtual or in-person)
Date(s): Call for Dates or Corporate Classes
Catalog #: CE-COMP 2247
Class #: TBD
How to Register:
Register over the phone using MC, Visa or Discover. Call 914-606-6830, press 1
You will need the Class # when speaking with a representative.
Office hours for registration are Monday – Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 7:15 p.m.
Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (in summer, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon)
Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (in summer, closed some Saturdays)
For course questions, please contact:
Jim Irvine, Director of Corporate and Continuing Professional Education 914-606-6658 firstname.lastname@example.org