Microsoft Excel For Nursing
This course teaches Nursing professionals and Nursing support staffs how to effectively use Microsoft Excel for analyzing clinical, administrative and financial information. All exercises and examples have been developed by Nursing professionals using real-world scenarios and were created using data from hospitals, long term care facilities, clinics, rehabilitation centers, ambulatory surgical centers and other healthcare settings.
Skill Set Acquisition
As a result of taking this course, all participants will be able to effectively develop and modify Microsoft Excel spreadsheets that accomplish the following:
1. Analyze Length-Of-Stay (LOS) data on multiple units of an acute care hospital;
2. Graph and chart the occurrence of nosocomial infections in a long term care facility;
3. Create sophisticated reports with sub-totals and totals that track clinical productivity;
4. Create easy-to-administer patient assessment templates;
5. Collect and summarize pre-operative risk assessment information by provider;
6. Develop effective data collection tools for monitoring patient falls;
7. Implement simple and effective patient tracking systems across multiple providers;
8. Track surgical implant usage and history by vendor, date, and cost;
9. Quickly and easily download clinical data from the Internet using Microsoft Excel;
10. Develop clinical decision-support tools for healthcare data analysis;
11. Integrate Electronic Health Record (EHR) data with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets;
12. Integrate Clinical Charts and Graphs into Microsoft Power Point presentations;
13. And many other practical clinical examples, all based on Clinical practice.
Who Will Benefit From This Course
Clinical professionals of all levels (LPN, GN, RN, BSN, MSN, and others) as well as administrative support staff who work closely with Clinical professionals will find this course useful.
Previous Knowledge / Pre-requisites
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel or similar software tool is necessary. Participants in this course should be willing to actively engage with their peers in a learning experience which encourages sharing of information so all learners benefit from the collective experience of their colleagues.
Location: Online (online or in-person)
Date(s): Call for Dates or Corporate Classes
Catalog #: CE-COMP 2246
Class #: TBD
To register for this class, call 914-606-6830 and choose option 1 when prompted.
You will need the Class # when speaking with a representative.
Office hours for registration are Monday – Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 7:15 p.m.
Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (in summer, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon)
Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (in summer, closed some Saturdays)
For more information or questions, please contact:
Jim Irvine, Director, Corporate and Continuing Professional Education
Phone: 914-606-6658 / email: email@example.com
Professional Development Center / Gateway Center
75 Grasslands Road / Valhalla, NY 10595