Data Analytics for Healthcare Leaders
Integrating Statistics and Experience to Drive Your Business Decisions
How to find meaningful insights from your systems and data
Data Analytics is often touted as a “new” methodology but most health care professionals have been analyzing data their entire careers.
Hidden in existing systems (block scheduling, practice management, talent management, etc.) are treasure troves of information that will enable you to improve revenue capture, to reallocate resources from underutilized units to emerging areas of need, and to significantly improve clinical and non-clinical outcomes.
This seminar will arm you with the tools and strategies to determine which data are vital, ask the right questions of analysts who support you, interpret results to make good business decisions and effectively communicate your conclusions to varied audiences.
In this workshop, you will learn how to:
- Understand what data to use to meet specific objectives
- Use data to deliver better results for
- Patient outcomes
- Strategic objectives
- Present data analysis in the format best suited to your varied audiences (executives, operational leaders, staff)
- Define parameters for data governance
1. Data Analytics and Healthcare Management
- Data analysis: What’s old and what’s new?
- The mountain of data
- What is “good” data?
II. Using Data to Make Good Decisions
- Understanding data – Case One
- Identifying patterns and failure points
- Case Study: Room Turn Time
- Root cause problem solving
- Scatter Diagrams: Finding relationships between variables
- Causation vs. correlation
- Understanding Variation
- Identifying events that require management action
- Case Study: Patient Satisfaction
- Case Study: Increasing Revenue
III. Big Data & Predictive Analytics
- Can we predict the future?
- Statistical prediction models
- Complex data: Keys to success
- Asking the right questions of “data scientists” and analysts
IV. Scorecards and Dashboards
- Balanced Scorecard
- Which are the good ones and the bad ones?
- Leveraging your business knowledge and intuition
V. Data Governance
- Importance of a sound data governance framework
- Basic data governance parameters
- Road map to creation
Credits: 14 CPE / ABPMP
Who Should Attend:
Typical attendees from hospitals, medical centers, long term care, rehab / nursing facilities, mid to large size practices include:
- Manager or Director of Operations
- Director of Nursing / Chief Nursing Officer
- Manager of any specialty care department
- Lean or Quality professional
- Leader or member of a process or quality improvement team
- Director or manager who needs to leverage “big data to make decisions
- Individuals interested in learning about healthcare management and the role of data science
2023 Calendar Year
Date(s): Call for Corporate Dates
Location: Online (virtual / in-person)
Catalogue #: CE-HCARE 2078
Class #: TBD
Cost: Corporate Rates
Performance Improvement in Healthcare Certificate | Fall 2022 – Spring 2023
This course is part of the Performance Improvement in Healthcare Series Certificate Program. Save 15% if you register and pay, in advance, for all four classes. See “Performance Improvement in Healthcare Certificate Series”.
Professional Development Hours awarded by the Association of Business Process Management Professionals, International / ABPMP
For BPM courses, contact:
Jim Irvine, Director, Corporate and Continuing Professional Education