Media and Instructional Technology
The goal of Media & Instructional Technology is to facilitate excellence in the teaching, learning research, and service functions of the College by providing centralized leadership and creative support for the effective use of all instructional technologies.
Media & Instructional Technology also:
- Assists faculty and staff in using state-of-the-art multimedia technology effectively in teaching, learning, and delivery of information
- Media & Instructional Technology support services, include Smart Technology, IP and web based videoconferencing, video production, computer graphics, digital photography, campus signage, lecture and special event recordings.
- Provide classroom technology training for end-users.
- Design, supports and maintains all multimedia classrooms college wide which also include mobile technology.
- Supports college based events with Audio Visual Technology
What is Zoom?
A web conferencing tool available for all Westchester Community College faculty, staff, and students. It is a platform to conduct live online conference, lectures, meetings, and group chats.
For Zoom Technical Support, please email MediaSupport@sunywcc.edu
Zoom is accessible in MyCourses under Virtual Meeting located on the navigation menu.
Zoom – WCC Instructional Video Library
Zoom – Screen Sharing
Zoom – Changing your Virtual Background
Zoom – Polling
Zoom – Breakout Rooms
Zoom – Audio Settings
Zoom – Join Call by Telephone
Zoom – Join Call with Computer Audio
Zoom – Starting a cloud recording
Westchester Community College has 150+ technology-enhanced classrooms which also include College Extension Centers. Each multimedia classroom has a presenter PC, projector, sound system, multimedia players, and document cameras for projecting printed materials in addition to interactive technology.