Media and Instructional Technology
The goal of Media & Instructional Technology is to facilitate excellence in the teaching, learning research, and service functions of the College by providing centralized leadership and creative support for the effective use of all instructional technologies.
Media & Instructional Technology also:
- Assists faculty and staff in using state-of-the-art multimedia technology effectively in teaching, learning, and delivery of information
- Media & Instructional Technology support services, include Smart Technology, IP and web based videoconferencing, video production, computer graphics, digital photography, campus signage, lecture and special event recordings.
- Provide classroom technology training for end-users.
- Design, supports and maintains all multimedia classrooms college wide which also include mobile technology.
- Supports college based events with Audio Visual Technology
Westchester Community College has 150+ technology-enhanced classrooms which also include College Extension Centers. Each multimedia classroom has a presenter PC, projector, sound system, multimedia players, and document cameras for projecting printed materials in addition to interactive technology.