24-Credit HSE Program
Formally known as GED
The 24-Credit Hour High School Equivalency (HSE) Program is sponsored by the New York State Department of Education and is designed to assist non-high school grads earn their HSE while, at the same time, earning college credits. Students interested in more information about the 24 College Credit HSE Program are encouraged to attend one of our workshops.
To be eligible for the HSE Program you must:
- Currently be a resident of New York State for at least one month.
- Not have graduated from a high school and not already qualified for the New York State General Equivalency Diploma.
- Be 19 years of age,
- Be 17-18 years of age and either:
- has not attended a regular, full-time high school program of instruction within the preceding 12 months; or
- a member of a high school who has graduated
- Apply for Admissions.To apply online or download the admissions paper application: Click Here Please note, email and letter notifications with next steps are sent to students approximately one week after applications are processed.
- Take a Placement Test Take and meet the minimum required scores on the 24-credit HSE Program Placement Test. For testing information and instructions please click here.
- Submit Immunization Records An immunization hold is placed on all students which prevents registration for certain classes/credits until acceptable proof of immunization is submitted and accepted by the WCC Health Office. Please click here for more information about Student Immunization Requirements and how you can lift the hold.
- Make an Appointment with an Admissions Counselor After submitting the above mentioned documents and taking the 24-Credit HSE Program Placement Test or meeting the requirements to waive the placement, you must contact the Office of Admissions at Admissions@sunywcc.edu to make an appointment to meet with an Admissions Counselor to review your test results for a final admissions decision.
24-Credit HSE Program FAQ’s
Do I need to meet with an admissions counselor before I register?
Yes. After submitting the above mentioned documents and taking the 24-Credit HSE Program Placement Test you must contact the Office of Admissions at Admissions@sunywcc.edu to make an appointment to meet with an Admissions Counselor. An Admissions Counselor must register you for course(s).
Is there Financial Aid available for Early Admit Program students?
We encourage all 24-Credit HSE Students to inquire with the Financial Aid Office regarding their eligibility for financial aid.
How do I prepare for the 24-Credit HSE Program Placement Test?
Click here to access the study guide and other information related to placement testing.
Can I retake the test if I do not meet the minimum required scores?
Yes, please meet with an Admissions Counselor to determine your eligibility for a retest.
High School Equivalency (HSE) 24-Credit Program Description & Requirements
See Description and Credit Requirements Here
24-Credit HSE Program Workshop Details
phone: 914-606-6735 • fax: 914-606-6540 • email: firstname.lastname@example.org