Veterinary technology is the art and science of using an understanding of basic animal science, biological testing, and animal behavior to assist the veterinarian in the care of animals. The program prepares graduates to sit for the Veterinary Technician National Exam (VTNE), and seek employment in animal/veterinary-related fields.
Message from the Curriculum Chair
Information about the chair
Office location: Health Science Building / Rm 16
Email: VetTech@sunywcc.edu; firstname.lastname@example.org
Title: Department Chair, Assistant Professor
Department/Division: Veterinary Technology
- Doctor of Philosophy, Psychology: Animal Learning and Behavior, Kansas State University, 2012
- Master of Science, Psychology: Animal Learning and Behavior, Kansas State University, 2007
- Bachelor of Art, Psychology, University of Southern Maine, 2003
- Associates in Applied Science, Veterinary Technology, Vermont Technical College, 2000
- Introduction to Veterinary Technology
- Small Animal Nursing
- Large Animal Nursing (coteach)
- Veterinary Office Practices
- Surgical and Anesthetic Procedures for Veterinary Technicians
- Radiography for Veterinary Technicians
Publications and Presentations: Dissertation research: http://derussischedwerghamster.nl/INVESTIGATION%20OF%20TEMPORAL%20DISCOUNTING%20IN%20DWARF%20HAMSTERS.pdf
Institution Service or Academic Service: Coordinated national accreditation with the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) Committee on Veterinary Technician Education and Activities (CVTEA) for the Veterinary Technology Program in March, 2014
Program Learning Outcome
About Westchester Community College
Nearly 33% of Westchester Community College students receive some form of financial aid. Financial Aid is available to students who qualify. In addition, the Westchester Community College Foundation offers $1.6 million in scholarships annually.
The Westchester Community College Athletic Department sponsors thirteen different intercollegiate athletic teams in various sports. The roster of sports offered includes Men’s Baseball, Women's Softball, Men’s and Women’s Basketball, Men’s and Women’s Bowling, Men’s and Women’s Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's and Women's Track and Field, Men’s Soccer, and Women’s Volleyball. Visit the Vikings Athletics website for schedules, reports, and more.
We’re accessible: Public transit-friendly main campus and extension locations. Online classes for wherever you are. Valhalla (main campus); extension sites in New Rochelle, Mount Vernon, Yonkers, Shrub Oak, Mahopac, Ossining, Port Chester and Peekskill (Center for the Digital Arts) and White Plains (Center for the Arts).