The Paramedic program prepares students for careers as paramedics, the most advanced pre-hospital EMS provider. In addition to certification by the New York State Department of Health, paramedic students have the opportunity to become Nationally Registered Emergency Medical Technician–Paramedics (NREMT-P). The paramedic program of Westchester Community College is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions.
Get Ready to Apply
Visit the application page to apply to the Paramedic A.A.S. program and learn about your next steps. Start your application:
Message from the Curriculum Chair
Information about the chair
Rob GurliacciPhone: 914 606-6796
Office location: Science Bldg. - Room 338
Title(s): BPS, EMT-P, CIC
Department/Division: School of Health Careers Technologies and Applied Learning
- Bachelor of Professional Studies- Emergency Medical Technology/Education, SUNY Empire State College
- EMS 121
- EMS 122
- EMS 221
- EMS 222
- Impact of Learning Environment on Paramedic Student Critical Thinking: Accepted for oral and poster presentation at the 2016 National Association of EMS Educators (NAEMSE) Symposium
- What are Students Recording in the Lab Setting?: Accepted for poster presentation at the 2015 National Association of EMS Educators (NAEMSE) Symposium, Abstract accepted for publication in the Journal of Emergency Medical Services (10/2015)
- Prehospital Initiation of Nitroglycerine and Twelve-Lead Electrocardiograms: Accepted for poster presentation at the 2014 NAEMSE Symposium
- Specialized Clinical Rotations and Their Effect on Paramedic Student Performance: Presented orally at the 2013 Field Internship Student Data Acquisition Project (FISDAP) Research Summit
Program Learning Outcome
About Westchester Community College
Nearly 33% of Westchester Community College students receive some form of financial aid. Financial Aid is available to students who qualify. In addition, the Westchester Community College Foundation offers $1.6 million in scholarships annually.
The Westchester Community College Athletic Department sponsors thirteen different intercollegiate athletic teams in various sports. The roster of sports offered includes Men’s Baseball, Women's Softball, Men’s and Women’s Basketball, Men’s and Women’s Bowling, Men’s and Women’s Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's and Women's Track and Field, Men’s Soccer, and Women’s Volleyball. Visit the Vikings Athletics website for schedules, reports, and more.
We’re accessible: Public transit-friendly main campus and extension locations. Online classes for wherever you are. Valhalla (main campus); extension sites in New Rochelle, Mount Vernon, Yonkers, Shrub Oak, Mahopac, Ossining, Port Chester and Peekskill (Center for the Digital Arts) and White Plains (Center for the Arts).
After successfully completing your studies at Westchester Community College, you can transfer almost anywhere, in-state or out-of-state. NYS residents are also guaranteed admission to a SUNY four-year campus. a SUNY four-year campus.
Curriculum Chair: Prof. Robert Gurliacci
Title(s): Department and Curriculum Chair, Paramedic
Department/Division: School of Health Careers
Get More Information
Interested in learning more about Westchester Community College. Fill out this form: