Marketing students experience hands-on class projects such as new product launches, sales presentations, and advertising media plans. Specialized courses in consumer behavior, advertising, professional selling and digital marketing are taught by outstanding marketing faculty, bringing real world expertise using state-of-the-art business software. The curriculum offers Marketing students opportunities to build professional networks and make lasting valuable friendships with leaders in marketing to increase job and transfer placement.
Message from the Curriculum Chair
Welcome to MKT 101.
This is the first step to your journey of exploring the wonderful field of Marketing.
We encourage you to consider the study of Marketing here at Westchester Community College; we offer both a Marketing AS degree and a Marketing AAS degree. Both semester course plans are attached to guide you in completing these degrees. Since you are taking Marketing 101 in your first semester, you can easily follow course sequencing to keep you on track for a successful graduation.
We want you to know that Westchester Community College has a reputation throughout academia for producing outstanding Marketing graduates – graduates who frequently transfer into the leading B-Schools in the country, like NYU, Pace, Iona, Baruch, Fordham University and FIT’s Marketing Specialty Degrees to complete Bachelor degrees after leaving Westchester Community College. You will be able to move on to at least six four- year college and enter with junior status, transferring your two-year degree in full, since we have “Transfer Agreements” with many colleges. Typically, 62 of your credits earned at Westchester Community College will move with you to your four-year college if you remain in the same program.
We have outstanding marketing faculty, all of whom have had real world experience. With the guidance of your professors, you will be challenged to apply the theories of consumer behavior, market research, sales management and marketing management using case study methods. In this process, students will be exposed to the most current market research software to ensure their technical knowledge meets industry standards while increasing their job placement opportunities. Our alumni have told us that their team projects at Westchester Community College have helped network, achieve placement in top-notch schools and land desirable jobs after graduation.
- We have a Marketing internship option and Career Center which can help you find internships and part time employment. Register for a three credit class (MKT 239-#81518) and get course credit for working! Contact Professor Fein for more information @ Phyllis.Fein@sunywcc.edu and to see if you qualify.
- We also have the expertise of an outstanding completion coach who can guide you with any challenges you may have in navigating the WCC system. Contact him at Joseph.Dirago@sunywcc.edu.
- We encourage you to join the American Marketing Association as a student: https://www.ama.org/membership/Membership-Benefits/Pages/Student.aspx> We hope to start an AMA collegiate chapter at WCC soon!
- We encourage you to sign up for the many free training tools that will help market you such as Google Analytics training: https://analyticsacademy.withgoogle.com/
The Marketing Teaching team at WCC
For further information, contact the curriculum chairperson: Phyllis Fein
The Gateway Building Office #350 or email at Phyllis.Fein@sunywcc.edu
Information about the chair
Office location: Gateway Center - Office 350
Title(s): Business Professor & Curriculum Chairperson, Marketing; Nelson Peltz Endowed Chair in Entrepreneurship
- Ed.D, Executive Doctorate of Education, Manhattanville College
- MBA, Marketing, New York University, Leonard Stern School of Business
- BS, Marketing, New York University, Leonard Stern School of Business
- Professional Certificate in Innovation and Technology in Entrepreneurship, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Principles of Marketing
- Consumer Behavior
- Marketing Management
- Human Resources Management
- Principles of Selling
- Nelson Peltz Endowed Chair, Entrepreneurship
- NISOD Excellence in Teaching Award
- SUNY Chancellors Award for Excellence in Teaching
- SUNY Distance Learning/Technology Online Fellow-Fashion and Advertising & Promotion/interactive media & social networking
Publications and Presentations: Manhattanville Dissertation: THE INFLUENCE OF CULTURAL AND BEHAVIORAL NORMS ON ACADEMIC INTEGRITY AT ONE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Institution Service or Academic Service:
- SUNY WCC Diversity Fellowship Award
- SUNY General Electric Sustainability Grant
- Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) Advisory Board Member, Textile Development & Marketing
- American Marketing Association
- NYU Stern School of Business Alumni Association
- and Committee on Entrepreneurial Institute
- Fashion Group International
- Cosmetics Executive Women
- Luxury Institute Executive Board Member
Program Learning Outcome
About Westchester Community College
Nearly 33% of Westchester Community College students receive some form of financial aid. Financial Aid is available to students who qualify. In addition, the Westchester Community College Foundation offers $1.6 million in scholarships annually.
The Westchester Community College Athletic Department sponsors thirteen different intercollegiate athletic teams in various sports. The roster of sports offered includes Men’s Baseball, Women's Softball, Men’s and Women’s Basketball, Men’s and Women’s Bowling, Men’s and Women’s Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's and Women's Track and Field, Men’s Soccer, and Women’s Volleyball. Visit the Vikings Athletics website for schedules, reports, and more.
We’re accessible: Public transit-friendly main campus and extension locations. Online classes for wherever you are. Valhalla (main campus); extension sites in New Rochelle, Mount Vernon, Yonkers, Shrub Oak, Mahopac, Ossining, Port Chester and Peekskill (Center for the Digital Arts) and White Plains (Center for the Arts).
Get More Information
Interested in learning more about Westchester Community College. Fill out this form: