Educational Opportunity Program (EOP)
What is the Educational Opportunity Program?
The mission of the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) is to provide access, retain and graduate first generation college students who come from academically and economically disadvantaged backgrounds. Westchester Community College’s Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) offers students the academic, personal and financial support needed to help attain these educational and professional objectives. The program also supports personal, intellectual, and cultural growth by promoting a range of services designed to foster a student’s individual development.
The following information will assist you in determining if you should apply to the Educational Opportunity Program. The EOP is designed for students who need special academic as well as financial assistance. If you are eligible, you will be asked to complete additional application materials and forms. Be sure to complete any materials and return promptly as directed.
To be eligible for admission to the EOP you must be:
- A U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident (bearer of a “green card”)
- A New York State resident for 12 months prior to enrollment
- A high school graduate or have a General Equivalency Diploma
- Eligible for admission under traditional standards, and demonstrate potential for completing a college program
- Entering your first semester of college
- A full-time student (minimum of 12 credits)
- Enrolled or placed in at least one non-credit course.
- Within the legislated income guidelines
In selecting students for the program, priority is given to applicants from historically disadvantaged backgrounds.
As part of the EOP admission process, your high school record, income information, and placement test scores (if needed) will be reviewed, as well as information which may have an impact on your education. This information will help EOP counselors evaluate your potential for success in a college program.
In order to determine if a student qualifies for acceptance in the EOP, copies of the following documents must be submitted:
- High school transcript
- College transcript (transfer students)
- High school diploma or GED
- Copies of most recent tax returns and W2’s
- Copies of parent’s most recent tax returns and W2’s (dependent students)
- Copies of Budget sheets (students on P.A.)
Potential EOP candidates should contact Quinn at 606-6688 and make an appointment to meet with Rafael Rodriguez.
When you are officially accepted as an EOP student, you will become eligible for one-on-one tutoring, and academic, career, and personal counseling. In addition, you may become eligible to receive a stipend to help with the cost of personal expenses.
Application Fee Waiver
The $25 Westchester Community College application fee is waived for those eligible for admission to the EOP. Note: Applicants who are deemed ineligible for the EOP for financial reasons may still qualify for admission and for financial aid as traditional candidates. Contact the EOP office at Westchester Community College before you apply.
When you transfer to a four-year college that has an EOP or a similar academic and financial support program, your application fee will be waived and you will be considered for priority admission.
General EOP Questions?
Drop in to see us or E-mail us.
Who to Contact: