Reasons to Refer
CARE Team focuses on identifiable and evidenced behaviors as well as written or verbal expressions.
Community members are encouraged to submit a CARE Team report if a student or students…
- Exhibits repeated concerning behaviors or expressions related to harming themselves or others
- Demonstrates hostile, aggressive, and/or violent behavior
- Previous attempts at offering support or intervention have not lead to change in student’s behaviors of concern
Do NOT refer a student to CARE Team if…
- When behavior is threatening, immediate and direct. In this case, contact campus security right away at 6-911 from a campus phone or at 914-606-6911from all other phones.
If you are not sure if a referral is appropriate, please reach out to the CARE Team directly at CARETeam@sunywcc.edu
- When the behavior can be managed through typical classroom management techniques.
- When a case has already been reported through the student conduct process.
- When a student is not presenting a risk to self or others, but may benefit from a referral to another support resource such as the Department of Mental Health & Counseling Services: DMHCS Faculty/Staff Referral Form
For more information: CARETeam@sunywcc.edu