S.T.A.R.T. – Student transition and readiness training – Your first step towards college success!
S.T.A.R.T. the semester strong with the week long Student Transition And Readiness Training run by the Disability Services Office for incoming students with disabilities.In order to register you need to have a documented disability and be registered to take classes at Westchester Community College in Fall 2019 as a first time student. START PROGRAM 2019
Topics covered include organization and time management, self advocacy, testing accommodations, learning styles, legal entitlements, navigating campus, information and resources for the student’s support system and family, how to get involved in campus activities and ACCESS Club…and much more!
Students on the Autism Spectrum are invited to apply to the specialized transition boot camp run by Professor Theresa Revans-McMenimon. She may be contacted at TR14@sunywcc.edu.
Presented by the Disability Services Counselors
Disability Services Office I Library G-51
P: 914.606.6287 I F: 914.606.7893
- Self-Advocacy & Communication
- Testing Accommodations
- Disability Laws Assistive Technology
- Learning Styles
- Navigating Campus and MYWCC demonstration
- Tips for College Success for Students with Disabilities
- Organization and Time Management
- Improving Social Skills
- How to Get Involved in Campus Activities and Club
- Submit disability documentation to the Disability Services Office
- Be registered for Fall 2019 classes at Westchester Community College
This is a free service with limited space so please sign up online to reserve your place