PROCEDURE TO REQUEST TESTING ACCOMMODATIONS FOR STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES
Disability Services Office (DSO)
LIB G51 – 914-606-6287
You, the student, are required to sign up for services in the DSO EACH semester to notify current professors of accommodations. Accommodations do not carry over from one semester to the next.
It is advisable to come in the first week of classes so that accommodations are in place throughout the semester.
Fill out a Request for Referrals (YELLOW SHEET) in the DSO EACH semester.
- If you are taking ONLY Online, off campus or evening classes, you can access this form on the SUNYWCC.edu website under Student Life > Disability Services > Current Students > Request Forms > Referral Request for Online, Off Campus, Evening Students Only
- Students will receive a verification email on the next business day from the DSO verifying receipt of their request
- Once documentation has been confirmed, DSO will send an e-mail to the professor and student verifying that the student is entitled to testing accommodations. A copy of this procedure sheet will be attached.
Return to the DSO to pick up Referral to Faculty Letters (GREEN SHEETS), sign them, and give to your professors either before or after class. Choose a convenient time to discuss these accommodations with your professors.
Step 3: (If testing in the DSO)
- Student: Pick up Request for Testing Accommodations form (BLUE SHEET) to schedule your test with the Disability Services Office at least three days in advance or as soon as your professor announces the date of your test.
- Professor: Complete your section of the Request for Testing Accommodations form (BLUE SHEET) and return to student.
- Student: Bring completed Request for Testing Accommodations form (BLUE SHEET) back to the DSO prior to scheduled test date/time.
TESTING ACCOMMODATIONS FOR FINAL EXAMS
Students and Professors will receive instructions and forms via their WCC email approximately 3 weeks before final exams week. For general information regarding Final Exams click here.
Please contact Disability.Services@sunywcc.edu with any questions or concerns
*As per the WCC policy, ALL email correspondence will be via SUNYWCC student and faculty accounts.*