Disabilities Services Admissions Checklist
- First be sure you’ve followed the steps via the Admission & Enrollment Checklist
- Submit disability documentation to the Disabilities Services Office (IEP with triennial/psycho-educational evaluation, 504, or doctor’s evaluation) by confidential fax (914-606-7893), e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org , or mail documentation to our office (LIBRARY G51). Your high school guidance office may assist you with this process. Please do not send your documentation to the admissions or health offices.
- Requests for specific accommodations must be supported by current valid documentation on letterhead from an appropriate official professional evaluator.
- Register for your Extended Time Placement Test . *Accommodations are not available at other times or locations.
- Visit the Counseling Office (Student Center 2nd Floor) to see an academic adviser to discuss your course selections. Register early to get the schedule you want and to avoid long lines.
- Pay tuition by deadline.
- Sign up for testing accommodations the 1st week of every semester for referrals to faculty (Green Sheets). Services are not automatic. You may also sign up in the Disability Services Office in person.
- Student must self-disclose to Disabilities Services & professors and self-advocate.
- You first semester is NOT the time to go it alone without your accommodations. Come early and often to increase your academic success.
Due to confidentiality laws, we cannot provide initial contact prompting you to sign up for accommodations with our office. It is your responsibility to self-disclose and sign up for testing accommodations through our office.