I Think I Need Support
Reaching out for support is a brave step and a sign of strength!
Are you experiencing any of the following?
- Lack of self-confidence and/or low self-esteem
- Suicidal thoughts
- Relationship concerns or struggles
- Concerns about your weight or body image
- Alcohol and/or Substance abuse
…Whether listed above or not, The Personal Counseling Department is here for you.
What to expect when you meet a Personal Counselor
Your first meeting with a Personal Counselor, also known as the Initial Intake, will typically last 45 minutes.
During this time, the Personal Counselor will:
- Explain confidentiality and limits to confidentiality
- Explain role of Personal Counselor and short-term nature of services
- Assess for risk level including risk for suicide
- Discuss and identify presenting issues and areas of concern
- Discuss goals with you and develop and action plan going forward
The Personal Counselor may also:
- Discuss referrals to additional resources on and off campus
- Utilize Safety Plan
- Take steps to ensure safety
During this time, you will:
- Learn about confidentiality and limits to confidentiality
- Fill out Informed Consent and Intake Form
- Share your concerns and any goals you may have
- Ask questions
To make an appointment
- Call 914-606-7784 or 914-606-6721
- E-Mail: PersonalCounseling@sunywcc.edu