Radiologic Technology A.A.S. Admissions and Accreditation Information
Application Deadline: March 15
Program Admission and Application Information
Admission to the program is highly selective and competitive. Successfully meeting the requirements does not guarantee admission.
Applications become available annually on the first day of the Spring Semester and must be postmarked by March 15.
To be considered for acceptance, the applicant must:
- Be at least 18 years of age by the start of the program (every Fall Semester)
- Be a high school graduate or GED recipient
- Have been advised by a counselor
- Be currently enrolled at Westchester Community College and, if applicable, have submitted all previous transcripts to the department of Admissions.
- Have submitted the annual radiography application to the program by March 15.
- Be in good physical and mental health
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.7
- Priority is given to students that have completed at least 12 credits of the degree requirements at SUNY Westchester Community College.
Following Conditional Acceptance, the applicant must:
- Schedule a mandatory hospital observation
- Submit a two-page essay.
- Schedule a personal Interview
- Attend orientation sessions
- Complete a physical examination and submit specific lab reports. (Final acceptance is based on medical clearance by the college.)
- Complete a background check and drug screening prior to clinical assignment.
*Current applications can be obtained by visiting the Health Science Secretary 914-606-6910
Mail Applications to:
Westchester Community College
Radiologic Technology Program
Attn: Application Review Committee
Health Science Building
75 Grasslands Rd
Valhalla, NY 10595
Admission to the program is HIGHLY SELECTIVE. Successfully meeting the requirements does not guarantee admission.
Because the program requires a great time commitment, priority will be given to those candidates who have completed the following courses with a “C” grade or better, with a special emphasis on the Anatomy and Physiology grades:
- BIOL 121 – Anatomy and Physiology 1 (and Lab)
- BIOL 123 – Anatomy and Physiology 2 (and Lab)
- ENG 101 – Writing and Research
- MATH 131- College Algebra
The time limit for Anatomy and Physiology I & II for acceptance into the program is 5 years from the application year.
Prior to entering clinical rotation in the first semester, each student must pass a written examination in Radiation Protection.
The Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) is recognized by the United States Department of Education to accredit educational programs in radiography and radiation therapy. The JRCERT awards accreditation to programs demonstrating substantial compliance with these standards.
Westchester Community College’s Radiography Program has received the maximum award for accreditation for a period of 8 years in 2012.
Additional information about the program
Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT)
American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT)
American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH)
Association of Educators in Radiologic Technology of the State of New York, Inc. (AERT)
New York State Society of Radiologic Sciences, Inc. (NYSSRS)